Announcement from NASA and Roscosmos

Old September 28th 17, 07:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Announcement from NASA and Roscosmos

Apparently the return to the Moon is on:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/na...moon-1.4309037
https://www.theguardian.com/science/...-space-station
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...ation_planned/
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/nasa-ro...ing-deep-space

I learned about this thanks to a post in another newsgroup. It wasn't important
enough to come up for me when I visited Google News, but then, today is a busy
news day, given the passing, at age 91, of an important cultural figure.

John Savard
Old September 28th 17, 01:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gary Harnagel

On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 12:17:47 AM UTC-6, Quadibloc wrote:
Apparently the return to the Moon is on:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/na...moon-1.4309037
https://www.theguardian.com/science/...-space-station
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...ation_planned/
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/nasa-ro...ing-deep-space

I learned about this thanks to a post in another newsgroup. It wasn't
important enough to come up for me when I visited Google News, but then,
today is a busy news day, given the passing, at age 91, of an important
cultural figure.

John Savard

It's about time! (The return to the moon, not the demise of the ICF :-)
Old September 28th 17, 01:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 11:17:47 PM UTC-7, Quadibloc wrote:
Apparently the return to the Moon is on:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/na...moon-1.4309037
https://www.theguardian.com/science/...-space-station
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...ation_planned/
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/nasa-ro...ing-deep-space

I learned about this thanks to a post in another newsgroup. It wasn't important
enough to come up for me when I visited Google News, but then, today is a busy
news day, given the passing, at age 91, of an important cultural figure.

John Savard

How about China?
Not part of the space gang?
How about India too?
India has a satellite orbiting Mars!
Old September 28th 17, 04:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 12:17:47 AM UTC-6, Quadibloc wrote:

I learned about this thanks to a post in another newsgroup. It wasn't important
enough to come up for me when I visited Google News, but then, today is a busy
news day, given the passing, at age 91, of an important cultural figure.

Strangely enough, though, this one did make Google News:

https://phys.org/news/2017-09-moon-v...-mars-esa.html

John Savard
Old September 29th 17, 06:11 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Thursday, 28 September 2017 17:52:57 UTC+2, Quadibloc wrote:
On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 12:17:47 AM UTC-6, Quadibloc wrote:

I learned about this thanks to a post in another newsgroup. It wasn't important

https://phys.org/news/2017-09-moon-v...-mars-esa.html

John Savard

Ironic that "man" will have to live in caves on The Moon and Mars.
With no windows, they might as well watch the view on TV.[From 'home!']
Perhaps we should send the Neanderthals first?
Too slow and dangerous for self-driving robots at this stage.
They'd have to stopping every five minutes for alien mining trucks crossing their path.

Why are the Saudis not interested in space travel?
It's not as if they are short of money for "private outings."
They'll soon have even more money from women drivers for their licenses and road taxes.
In another ten, or hundred thousand years, there might even be a Saudi woman driving herself on The Moon.
But don't hold your breath. ;-)