A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Jupiter was 5 times as Big



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 12th 19, 07:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,443
Default Jupiter was 5 times as Big

This is shown to us by its very fast spin.Bert
Ads
  #2  
Old February 12th 19, 10:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,834
Default Jupiter was 5 times as Big

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 11:40:07 AM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:

This is shown to us by its very fast spin.Bert


Why do you consider Jupiter to be spinning very fast, Bert?

Earth rotates once in 24 hours; Jupiter once in about 9.5 hours... so kits rotational rate is much slower than Earth's.
  #3  
Old February 12th 19, 11:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 902
Default Jupiter was 5 times as Big

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 4:37:08 PM UTC-6, palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 11:40:07 AM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:

This is shown to us by its very fast spin.Bert


Why do you consider Jupiter to be spinning very fast, Bert?

Earth rotates once in 24 hours; Jupiter once in about 9.5 hours... so kits rotational rate is much slower than Earth's.


If it spun any faster there would not be any Jupiter.
  #4  
Old February 13th 19, 06:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 278
Default Jupiter was 5 times as Big

Herbert Glazier wrote on 13/02/2019 6:40 AM:
This is shown to us by its very fast spin.Bert

"Jupiter was 5 times as Big" .... 5 times as big .... as what, Herbert??
Something that is only 1/5th as big as Jupiter, maybe!!

--
Daniel
  #5  
Old February 13th 19, 07:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,443
Default Jupiter was 5 times as Big

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 10:17:49 PM UTC-8, Daniel60 wrote:
Herbert Glazier wrote on 13/02/2019 6:40 AM:
This is shown to us by its very fast spin.Bert

"Jupiter was 5 times as Big" .... 5 times as big .... as what, Herbert??
Something that is only 1/5th as big as Jupiter, maybe!!

--
Daniel


AS it is now.I'll paint you a picture.Bert
  #6  
Old February 18th 19, 10:46 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 278
Default Jupiter was 5 times as Big

Herbert Glazier wrote on 14/02/2019 6:19 AM:
On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 10:17:49 PM UTC-8, Daniel60 wrote:
Herbert Glazier wrote on 13/02/2019 6:40 AM:
This is shown to us by its very fast spin.Bert

"Jupiter was 5 times as Big" .... 5 times as big .... as what, Herbert??
Something that is only 1/5th as big as Jupiter, maybe!!


AS it is now.I'll paint you a picture.Bert

Yes, please!! When might I see your picture, Herbert??

--
Daniel
  #7  
Old February 20th 19, 08:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,443
Default Jupiter was 5 times as Big

On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 2:46:38 AM UTC-8, Daniel60 wrote:
Herbert Glazier wrote on 14/02/2019 6:19 AM:
On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 10:17:49 PM UTC-8, Daniel60 wrote:
Herbert Glazier wrote on 13/02/2019 6:40 AM:
This is shown to us by its very fast spin.Bert

"Jupiter was 5 times as Big" .... 5 times as big .... as what, Herbert??
Something that is only 1/5th as big as Jupiter, maybe!!


AS it is now.I'll paint you a picture.Bert

Yes, please!! When might I see your picture, Herbert??

--
Daniel


When you email me 35 bucks.I do not paint for free.Bert
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ISS cost 34 TIMES what MIR cost, 40 times what Skylab cost. Rich[_1_] Amateur Astronomy 10 June 17th 13 11:51 PM
Full Jupiter rotation movie, pix of Jupiter, its moons, and Uranusand Neptune Thad Floryan Amateur Astronomy 2 December 20th 10 02:40 AM
end of times Art Deco Misc 0 January 4th 06 01:41 AM
Good Times BAD Times Etok Astronomy Misc 12 July 15th 04 05:01 PM
Nexus Rocket Engine Test Successful; 10 Times More Thrust Than Deep Space 1 Engine and Lasts 3 Times Longer (10 years) [email protected] Technology 5 December 30th 03 07:44 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 SpaceBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.