Spotters wanted for Virgin GlobalFlyer mission

Old February 28th 05, 06:39 PM
Patty Winter

Default Spotters wanted for Virgin GlobalFlyer mission

Okay, I'm a little behind the curve on the world of aeronautics.
I just found out that Steve Fossett plans to take off today in a
Scaled Composites-designed jet plane to attempt the world's first
solo nonstop trip around the world.

There's a page on the project's website that asks for anyone who
can track an object at 45,000 feet (either with still photography
or, if possible, a webcam) to contact the project folks. I don't
know whether it's too late now to volunteer, but if you're interested,
see he

http://www.virginatlanticglobalflyer...n/Spotters.jsp

I don't know whether this information has been posted to any of the
astronomy newsgroups, so if you're involved with those, you might want
to give them a heads-up, too.

Patty