Cool, I just saw the ISS!

Old January 26th 19, 03:59 AM posted to alt.astronomy
a425couple

Default Cool, I just saw the ISS!

Cool, I just saw the ISS!
The International Space Station just passed
over Seattle. It was visible 8:48 to 8:52,
heading from SW towards NE.

Then, rather suddenly, just past straight overhead,
it went dark. It is about 200 miles up,
and then passed into the shadow of the Earth.
Old January 26th 19, 04:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 8:59:41 PM UTC-6, a425couple wrote:
Cool, I just saw the ISS!
The International Space Station just passed
over Seattle. It was visible 8:48 to 8:52,
heading from SW towards NE.

Then, rather suddenly, just past straight overhead,
it went dark. It is about 200 miles up,
and then passed into the shadow of the Earth.

It was some kind of satellite.
Old January 26th 19, 04:56 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 7:02:49 PM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 8:59:41 PM UTC-6, a425couple wrote:
Cool, I just saw the ISS!
The International Space Station just passed
over Seattle. It was visible 8:48 to 8:52,
heading from SW towards NE.

Then, rather suddenly, just past straight overhead,
it went dark. It is about 200 miles up,
and then passed into the shadow of the Earth.

It was some kind of satellite.

Well... yes... the ISS is definitely 'some kind of satellite... for sure!

You knew this... right?

Old January 26th 19, 08:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
a425couple

Default Cool, I just saw the ISS! - Anyway, the rest of the story.

On 1/25/2019 6:59 PM, a425couple wrote:
Cool, I just saw the ISS!
The International Space Station just passed
over Seattle.Â* It was visible 8:48 to 8:52,
heading from SW towards NE.

Then, rather suddenly, just past straight overhead,
it went dark.Â* It is about 200 miles up,
and then passed into the shadow of the Earth.

For unknown reasons, I felt I was in a rush to
get this posted. But obviously, by the time
I sent it,,,, there was no rush, the ISS was then
in the dark. So,,, I made some mistakes.

error #1, the times were 6:48 to 6:52 Pacific ST,
I've no idea why I mistyped it.

omission --
And, although there are a variety of sites,
and websites that tell people when and where they
can see the ISS (International Space Station -
great big honker, and real bright also!!)
pass over their location,,,

I'd gotten a big tip! The TV weather guy was
on a roof telling us watchers to get ready!
So I did!
And later, through the wonders of dvr technology,
and play back, I replayed it & saw him watching it and
talking about it.
Old January 26th 19, 10:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Mark Earnest wrote:
On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 8:59:41 PM UTC-6, a425couple wrote:
Cool, I just saw the ISS!
The International Space Station just passed
over Seattle. It was visible 8:48 to 8:52,
heading from SW towards NE.

Then, rather suddenly, just past straight overhead,
it went dark. It is about 200 miles up,
and then passed into the shadow of the Earth.

It was some kind of satellite.

More likely the mothership from planet Vorgon-B. Though I'm sure NASA will
deny it

Old January 26th 19, 11:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 1:16:56 PM UTC-8, Bast wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote:
On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 8:59:41 PM UTC-6, a425couple wrote:
Cool, I just saw the ISS!
The International Space Station just passed
over Seattle. It was visible 8:48 to 8:52,
heading from SW towards NE.

Then, rather suddenly, just past straight overhead,
it went dark. It is about 200 miles up,
and then passed into the shadow of the Earth.

It was some kind of satellite.

More likely the mothership from planet Vorgon-B. Though I'm sure NASA will
deny it

No, it's Darla's ship returned at last!

Double-A

Old January 27th 19, 02:33 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Mark Earnest wrote:
On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 8:59:41 PM UTC-6, a425couple wrote:
Cool, I just saw the ISS!
The International Space Station just passed
over Seattle. It was visible 8:48 to 8:52,
heading from SW towards NE.

Then, rather suddenly, just past straight overhead,
it went dark. It is about 200 miles up,
and then passed into the shadow of the Earth.

It was some kind of satellite.

More likely the mothership from planet Vorgon-B. Though I'm sure NASA will
deny it

No, it's Darla's ship returned at last!

Double-A

AA You still remember Darla?? I still miss her.Here is a kicker Sandy came into the Center looking for me.WOW I was gone all day.I'll see her Sunday I hope.I miss here the most.Bert

Old January 27th 19, 09:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Mark Earnest wrote:
On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 8:59:41 PM UTC-6, a425couple wrote:
Cool, I just saw the ISS!
The International Space Station just passed
over Seattle. It was visible 8:48 to 8:52,
heading from SW towards NE.

Then, rather suddenly, just past straight overhead,
it went dark. It is about 200 miles up,
and then passed into the shadow of the Earth.

It was some kind of satellite.

More likely the mothership from planet Vorgon-B. Though I'm sure NASA will
deny it

No, it's Darla's ship returned at last!

Double-A

AA You still remember Darla?? I still miss her.Here is a kicker Sandy came into the Center looking for me.WOW I was gone all day.I'll see her Sunday I hope.I miss here the most.Bert

I miss Darla too. She was the soul of alt.astronomy!

Double-A

Old January 28th 19, 10:09 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

wrote:
Cool, I just saw the ISS! The International Space Station
just passed over Seattle. It was visible 8:48 to 8:52,
heading from SW towards NE.

Then, rather suddenly, just past straight overhead, it went
dark. It is about 200 miles up, and then passed into the
shadow of the Earth.

It was some kind of satellite.

More likely the mothership from planet Vorgon-B. Though I'm
sure NASA will deny it

No, it's Darla's ship returned at last!

AA You still remember Darla?? I still miss her.Here is a kicker
Sandy came into the Center looking for me.WOW I was gone all
day.I'll see her Sunday I hope.I miss here the most.Bert

I miss Darla too. She was the soul of alt.astronomy!

Why?? Did she actually discuss Astronomy??

--
Daniel

How cool is VL2 Brad Guth History 439 September 17th 07 02:45 PM
The Cool Toursit SpaceSuit ( Cool, We have our first Tourist going for a Walk.) Craig Fink Space Shuttle 0 February 26th 07 03:18 AM
The Cool Toursit SpaceSuit ( Cool, We have our first Tourist going for a Walk.) Craig Fink Policy 0 February 26th 07 03:18 AM
very cool ROC Amateur Astronomy 2 June 28th 05 06:00 AM
COOL www.ultravideo.fr.st Amateur Astronomy 0 March 29th 04 04:44 AM