Now is the Winter of Our Discontent

Old January 28th 19, 10:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Now is the Winter of Our Discontent

The cold east wind is back! Now 27 mph. Temp here in Gresham as of 1:45 PM is 46F. Humidity 50%. Chance of rain 0%. It has been a dryer than usual winter, which s fine with me, but the snow pack is not building up which is needed to supply the water for next summer.

The Pro Bowl, always a relatively boring game, has become cartoonish! No one takes the game seriously. The don't even bother to kick off anymore. The high point was when a hook and ladder play broke out after an interception that lasted longer than anything I can remember from back on the schoolyard! The AFC won as usual.

Double-A

Old January 30th 19, 12:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Monday, January 28, 2019 at 1:55:49 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
The cold east wind is back! Now 27 mph. Temp here in Gresham as of 1:45 PM is 46F. Humidity 50%. Chance of rain 0%. It has been a dryer than usual winter, which s fine with me, but the snow pack is not building up which is needed to supply the water for next summer.

The Pro Bowl, always a relatively boring game, has become cartoonish! No one takes the game seriously. The don't even bother to kick off anymore. The high point was when a hook and ladder play broke out after an interception that lasted longer than anything I can remember from back on the schoolyard! The AFC won as usual.

Double-A

Hi AA yes I got a letter from SS and since Calif.is giving me zip I got a $280 increase.On the 3rd I will know exactly.Weather is sunny and about 78.Spent yesterday with Sandy.My flesh is week.She cut my hair and we had lobster white wine and got along fine. AA I'm old ugly,grouchy,deaf,and bad memory(dementia) She is street smart,very pretty,and drives me around.Goes 70 on the freeway.WOW Bert
Old January 31st 19, 03:52 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 3:13:06 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Weather staying the same.Went and got my drivers book.Will study hard.When you get old you get scared,Been driving sense I was 17.Owned my first car at 15.Here is a kicker I used this car not to drive but as a roof.Now 76 years later I have the van as a roof.Hmmm Bert
Old February 1st 19, 11:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Light drizzle today here in Gresham. Wind SE at 11 mph. Humidity 79%. Now 45F. Still talk of snow, but not until after Super Sunday.

Double-A

Old February 2nd 19, 11:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Overcast and a little fog, but dry and calm. Now 47F as of 2:45 PM here in Gresham. Wind N at 6 mph. Humidity 85%. Rain tomorrow. Snow possible Monday.

Double-A

Old February 4th 19, 08:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 2:46:18 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Overcast and a little fog, but dry and calm. Now 47F as of 2:45 PM here in Gresham. Wind N at 6 mph. Humidity 85%. Rain tomorrow. Snow possible Monday.

Double-A

Staying rainy cold and giving global warming a hard time.Bert
Old February 4th 19, 10:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 11:32:01 AM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 2:46:18 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Overcast and a little fog, but dry and calm. Now 47F as of 2:45 PM here in Gresham. Wind N at 6 mph. Humidity 85%. Rain tomorrow. Snow possible Monday.

Double-A

Staying rainy cold and giving global warming a hard time.Bert

No global warming around here. Snow mixed with rain and 36F as of 1:45 PM here in Gresham. Wind north at 8 mph. Humidity 86%. Could be worse!

Your Patriots won yesterday. It wasn't pretty, but they got the job done. I listened to most of the game on radio, since I cannot pick up the CBS channel where I live. Didn't want to spend too much money on high priced beer, so I waited until the 4th quarter to walk to the sports bar down the street to watch. The fact that all the action happened in the 4th quarter was therefore just fine with me.

Double-A

Old February 5th 19, 10:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

The real winter is finally here! Two inches of snow on the ground this morning. Now melting, but a hard freeze is expected tonight. Now 35F as of 1:45 here in Gresham. Calm and overcast. Humidity 68%. Sunny tomorrow, but more snow expected for the weekend.

Trump will finally get to make his speech tonight!

Double-A

Old February 6th 19, 03:39 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 1:54:15 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Watch the game at a friends house(Jim) We both fell asleep and I left when it was tide(third quater) Made big cash money,and will spend it on the 14th with Sandy(If possible) All week people asking me my age WHY?.If your 90 its a good chance of making it to 91.Even without pills,heat.and getting leg cramps so bad I fall out of van.Hawaii is now in my thinking.I need a bed warmer(girl in a grass skirt) Bert
Old February 8th 19, 10:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 6:39:37 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Leg cramps are usually because you are missing some mineral like calcium or potassium, or electrolytes. Some medications like blood pressure pills can deplete them. Take some vitamins with minerals. Drink some of that water with electrolytes they sell in the stores. Well, happy birthday, whichever day it is.

Winter has come in February here. Still some snow left from last Monday night, and more expected tonight! Has stayed cold, dropping to mid 20s every night. I have been just leaving the lights on to heat my apartment, but it still has been costing me electricity. Now 35F as of 1:00 PM here in Gresham. Wind SE at 8 mph. Humidity 65%. A winter storm alert is in effect! Snow accumulations of 2 - 6 inches is being forecast. I have cousins in Wisconsin who sell snowmobiles. Would be nice to have one!

Double-A

First day of winter Gerald Kelleher Amateur Astronomy 0 November 1st 18 11:52 AM
Vic Winter ... RIP Anthony Ayiomamitis Amateur Astronomy 11 February 11th 07 08:29 AM
The Winter Triangle! Double-A Misc 2 November 14th 06 07:37 PM
145 CMa - the Winter Albireo - a colorful after-work winter double Feb-Mar canopus56 Amateur Astronomy 8 March 9th 06 04:16 PM
When's Martian winter? dkc_2001 Misc 22 May 28th 04 07:45 PM