The Tides

Old February 22nd 13, 06:05 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

Default The Tides

The Tides
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gftT3wHJGtg

Old February 22nd 13, 06:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Feb 22, 6:05*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
The Tides

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gftT3wHJGtg

Unlike the pathetic mobbing I receive when I write material,I answer
you with more information,new and better approaches ,more accurate
historical and technical views and that is what a forum is for.

http://rstl.royalsocietypublishing.o....full.pdf+html

It hasn't occurred to researchers just yet that the tides are most
sensitive to the Earth's dynamics and respond accordingly,on page 277
of that excellent essay of Wallis,he mentions that the natural noon
inequalities, referring to the orbital points of the Earth,add a
component to the annual cycle of the tides.As I am the first person to
express the Equation of Time as a rate of change arising from the
unequal turning of the Earth to the central Sun about a travelling
ecliptic axis,this change shows up when the Earth enters its great
acceleration or deceleration phases.You mightn't like it Sam,it
involves modifying axial precession from a long term axial trait to an
annual orbital trait and I have shown the images of Uranus in this
respect to often to count.

That essay by Wallis was written 20 years before a vicious strain of
empiricism emerged and destroyed what was useful in using experimental
sciences as an analogy to large scale cause and effect.
Old February 22nd 13, 07:18 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:44:53 PM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:

As I am the first person to

express the Equation of Time as a rate of change arising from the

unequal turning of the Earth to the central Sun about a travelling

ecliptic axis,this change shows up when the Earth enters its great

acceleration or deceleration phases.

You must be kidding, of course. You are far, far from being the first person to figure this out, but as usual, you are completely off-base as to the actual reason. The rest of us know that because of the Earth's various speeds along the ecliptic at different times of the year, it takes either a little less than 24 hours or a little more than 24 hours for the Sun to attain culmination on the meridian.

Regarding the equation of time, it has been fully understood for a long, long time. You have not discovered anything new.

\Paul A
Old February 22nd 13, 07:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Feb 22, 7:18*am, palsing wrote:
[...]

The rest of us indeed !,the 'new' idea that the Earth turned once
exactly in 24 hours in the year 1820 and is slowing down relative to
that historical point is more of the same from the fiction generating
empirical machine and impossible to contend with - no class,no
intellectual integrity,no historical or referential depth,just people
making assertions to fill in gaps for whatever purpose they wish,in
this case the civil convenience -

"At the time of the dinosaurs, Earth completed one rotation in about
23 hours," says MacMillan, who is a member of the VLBI team at NASA
Goddard. "In the year 1820, a rotation took exactly 24 hours, or
86,400 standard seconds. Since 1820, the mean solar day has increased
by about 2.5 milliseconds." NASA

I don't think in terms of discovery,the working language of planetary
dynamics requires modifications and especially when it is possible to
see these things in action hence the modification from axial
precession to an annual orbital component and from there into
multiple other consequences.You poor soul interpreted the orbital
turning of Uranus to the central Sun as a changing perspective due to
the orbital motion of the Earth but I assure you that Uranus will
continue to turn a full 360 degrees over the next 8 decades.

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/...gs_changes.jpg

This is new and it is hugely important for a range of topics from the
tides to a climate spectrum and that is why urgency is needed to
isolate the predictive section of astronomy from the interpretative.If
you can't keep up then go your own way and enjoy your telescope but
don't assume you are speaking for a group of individuals with a firm
intellectual grasp on things,most likely they are welfare academics
doing just enough to get away with a salary and an unwarranted
reputation as 'astronomers' or 'planetary scientists'.Modern imaging
is the fresh air that drives out the stale atmosphere of Royal Society
empiricism,at least the vicious strain that give mathematicians and
their non geometric language dominance in astronomy.This is good,this
is all good.

Old February 22nd 13, 11:40 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_7_]

"oriel36" wrote in message

"At the time of the dinosaurs, Earth completed one rotation in about
23 hours," says MacMillan, who is a member of the VLBI team at NASA
Goddard. "In the year 1820, a rotation took exactly 24 hours, or
86,400 standard seconds. Since 1820, the mean solar day has increased
by about 2.5 milliseconds." NASA

I don't think

Of course not. Who even suggested an ignorant thug like you COULD think?

Old February 23rd 13, 01:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:51:03 PM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:

You poor soul interpreted the orbital

turning of Uranus to the central Sun as a changing perspective due to

the orbital motion of the Earth but I assure you that Uranus will

continue to turn a full 360 degrees over the next 8 decades.

No, it won't, wrt the fixed stars. Yes, it will, wrt the Sun. You have a big problem with perspective, which is nothing new, you just don't 'get it' at all.
Old February 23rd 13, 02:47 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

,
continue to turn a full 360 degrees over the next 8 decades.

No, it won't, wrt the fixed stars. Yes, it will, wrt the Sun. You have a big problem with perspective, which is nothing new, you just don't 'get it' at all.

My goodness,even with contemporary imaging making it a 100%
observational certainty,I have to struggle to maintain the new
component that explains why natural noon cycles vary and why we have
the seasons.Of course,nothing remotely close to these events have ever
occurred in human history where a small group ran with a mistake that
locked planetary dynamics into stellar circumpolar motion - this is
dysfunctional on a scale that is dismaying .You poor soul believed
that the change in perspective of the rings was due to the motion of
the Earth instead of being intrinsic to the planet itself but the
distance between Earth and Uranus is such that not only is it
impossible,a simple imitation analogy positively identifies a separate
turning to the central Sun aside from daily rotation.

Take comfort that you colleagues appear no better or worse than you.
Old February 23rd 13, 03:41 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Feb 23, 1:42*am, palsing wrote:
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:51:03 PM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:
You poor soul interpreted the orbital

turning of Uranus to the central Sun *as a changing perspective due to

the orbital motion of the Earth but I assure you that Uranus will

continue to turn a full 360 degrees over the next 8 decades.

No, it won't, wrt the fixed stars. Yes, it will, wrt the Sun. You have a big problem with perspective, which is nothing new, you just don't 'get it' at all.

In an era of mediocrity
Old February 23rd 13, 04:04 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Feb 23, 1:42*am, palsing wrote:
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:51:03 PM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:
You poor soul interpreted the orbital

turning of Uranus to the central Sun *as a changing perspective due to

the orbital motion of the Earth but I assure you that Uranus will

continue to turn a full 360 degrees over the next 8 decades.

No, it won't, wrt the fixed stars. Yes, it will, wrt the Sun. You have a big problem with perspective, which is nothing new, you just don't 'get it' at all.

In an era of mediocrity,at least in the area of astronomy and
terrestrial sciences,men become comfortable with lies in order to
survive for their own ends rather than thrive and add to human
understanding of their surroundings.The spirited individual has no
comfort zone nor requires one as the natural landscape of creativity
and productivity is one of transient information moving across
disciplines,something opening up glimpses of possibilities and at
other times obliterating falsehoods and distortions.

How much information does one simple series of images reveal across so
many disciplines,anything from a climate spectrum to cyclical tides to
the modification of axial precession -

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/...gs_changes.jpg

The unmoderated Usenet looks like the most hostile environment for
creativity yet more gets accomplished here than the sum total of all
research institutions and organizations that deal with astronomy/
terrestrial sciences.The principles behind the mechanism which links
the spherical deviation of the planet with plate tectonics was
developed here using the 100% observational certainty that all exposed
viscous compositions display differential rotation and when applied to
the Earth's interior it surfaces on the crust as clues and effects.The
distant hills of geomagnetic signatures arise from the same source and
all of this was done 6 years ago here when nobody would discuss it -
the wider community tried to play catch up and created a pathetic
Frankenstein's monster version of loosely cobbled together assertions.

I am comfortable with the technological advances of this era and
especially astronomical imaging to carry a point,a simple stretch of
the imagination would apply the same orbital action to the Earth as
readers see of Uranus where the polar coordinates of the Earth act
like a beacon for the orbital behavior of the planet as those
coordinate continue to turn in a circle to the central Sun -

http://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/...mericas250.jpg

Unlike Galileo,I do not think the multitude are stupid,not even
you,encountering this type of astronomy is as though joining a stream
of thought and feeling yet who knows how a person enters that
stream,when they do they will perceive astronomy and its connections
to terrestrial sciences in a new light -

" I think, my Kepler, we will laugh at the extraordinary stupidity of
the multitude. What do you say to the leading philosophers of the
faculty here, to whom I have offered a thousand times of my own accord
to show my studies, but who with the lazy obstinacy of a serpent who
has eaten his fill have never consented to look at planets, nor moon,
nor telescope?" Galileo

Answer to the images instead of attacking me.

Old February 23rd 13, 08:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

oriel36 wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't describe you as a serpent but how often do you look at the
planets and moon through a telescope.

Variation in tides n cook UK Astronomy 29 June 17th 07 05:14 PM
Article on Tides Matthew Ota Amateur Astronomy 14 June 24th 06 12:00 AM
Tides Starlord Misc 0 June 21st 06 06:05 PM
Spring Tides Duncan Heenan Misc 6 November 29th 05 01:53 PM
Quakes vs Tides Asimov Astronomy Misc 0 November 3rd 04 04:54 AM