Does the Universe Have No Single Past, or Definite History?

Old October 8th 10, 10:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Default Does the Universe Have No Single Past, or Definite History?

"In classical physics, the past is assumed to exist as a definite
series of events, but according to quantum physics, the past like the
future, is indefinite and exists only as a spectrum of possibilities.
Even the universe as a whole has no single past or history." --
From the article "The (Elusive) Theory of Everything" by Stephen
Hawking and Leanard Mladinow in the "Scientific American" October 2010
issue.

Double-A

Old October 8th 10, 11:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

On Oct 8, 5:59*pm, Double-A wrote:
"In classical physics, the past is assumed to exist as a definite
series of events, but according to quantum physics, the past like the
future, is indefinite and exists only as a spectrum of possibilities.
Even the universe as a whole has no single past or history." * --
From the article "The (Elusive) Theory of Everything" by Stephen
Hawking and Leanard Mladinow in the "Scientific American" October 2010
issue.

Double-A

BB Beginning of spacetime
Old October 10th 10, 02:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
vtcapo[_2_]

On Oct 8, 5:59*pm, Double-A wrote:
"In classical physics, the past is assumed to exist as a definite
series of events, but according to quantum physics, the past like the
future, is indefinite and exists only as a spectrum of possibilities.
Even the universe as a whole has no single past or history." * --
From the article "The (Elusive) Theory of Everything" by Stephen
Hawking and Leanard Mladinow in the "Scientific American" October 2010
issue.

Double-A

It would appear based on classic physics that the past would be
defined by events as they happen. It is the future that is probable
and cannot be determined with complete accuracy. The future seems to
accord with quantum theory with its infinite possibilities. But if
that is the case and those possibilities exist do all of them become
fulfilled on the quantum level? If that is the case then the past
also has as you say a spectrum of possibilities. My experience with a
psychic has revealed that future time is quantum in its make up. The
past having quantum possibilities would suggest other dimensions or
parallel universes.

RT
Old October 13th 10, 10:39 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

My dearest Double-A,

"Double-A" wrote in message...

"In classical physics, the past is assumed to exist as a definite
series of events, but according to quantum physics, the past like the
future, is indefinite and exists only as a spectrum of possibilities.
Even the universe as a whole has no single past or history." --
From the article "The (Elusive) Theory of Everything" by Stephen
Hawking and Leanard Mladinow in the "Scientific American" October 2010
issue.

Double-A

Hawking just keeps sounding madder and madder. I don't
suppose he and Leo would be alluding to how it is those in
power who write the history books and who pretty much
record whatever they want to record, true or not? Or maybe
they're grinning and thinking of Streisand, who sang...

"Mem'ries, may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were..."?

Or, and this is my *best* guess, the fact that each of us
have our own separate histories and pasts seems to reflect
a definite spectrum of possibilities rather than any distinct
and hardfast timeline. And before we came on the scene?
before the hazy fossil records were formed? before Earth
and Sun joined forces to evolve life?

Who knows?

I'm still leaning slightly toward a majestic computer sim.
God is a beautiful, female, chocolate-flavored neutrino-
quark with possibly a classical music spectrum.

Happy days *and*...
Starry, starry nights !

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

PS - "We are all here for a spell; get all the
good laughs you can." Will Rogers

PPS - http://astro.painellsworth.net !
http://www.secretsgolden.com !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Paine_Ellsworth !

Old October 13th 10, 01:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

On Oct 13, 5:39*am, "Painius" wrote:
My dearest Double-A,

"Double-A" wrote in message...

"In classical physics, the past is assumed to exist as a definite
series of events, but according to quantum physics, the past like the
future, is indefinite and exists only as a spectrum of possibilities.
Even the universe as a whole has no single past or history." * --
From the article "The (Elusive) Theory of Everything" by Stephen
[...]

Yes Painius a universe can only exist if it has eyes to see itself.
Without high life it would be a void.(of no use) There are as many
universes as flakes of snow in an endless storm. All have humankind
life. Treb just gave me a thumbs up TreBert
Old October 28th 10, 11:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

My dearest Harlow,

"HVAC" wrote...
in message ...
On 10/19/2010 2:54 PM, Double-A wrote:
HVAC writted...

But once the present becomes the past, uncertainty
is removed. It is what it is becomes it was what it was.

~
How do you like me now?

Wrong!

Which part, dummy?

Probably begins with the part where you said that
uncertainty is removed. It is what it is becomes it
was what those in power want posterity to think it
was.

One would think an astrophysicist activist would
*know* that.

Happy days *and*...
Starry, starry nights !

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

PS - "To the world you may be one person, but to one
person you may be the world." Bill Wilson

Old October 28th 10, 01:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

"Double-A" wrote in message...

"In classical physics, the past is assumed to exist as a definite
series of events, but according to quantum physics, the past like the
future, is indefinite and exists only as a spectrum of possibilities.
Even the universe as a whole has no single past or history." * --
From the article "The (Elusive) Theory of Everything" by Stephen
[...]

life. *Treb just gave me a thumbs up * *TreBert- Hide quoted text -

There was never a spacetime with no events. Reason space always has
intrinsic energy. The cosmos creates universes at an accelerating
rate. It has accelerating space inflation to give them timelaps(elbow
room) TreBert
Old October 29th 10, 10:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 10/28/2010 3:50 AM, Painius wrote:

But once the present becomes the past, uncertainty
is removed. It is what it is becomes it was what it was.

~
How do you like me now?

Wrong!

Which part, dummy?

Probably begins with the part where you said that
uncertainty is removed. It is what it is becomes it
was what those in power want posterity to think it
was.

"Those in power"....Who the **** are "Those in power"?

It's US, snappahead. All of us together have the power.

Old November 1st 10, 05:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

My Dearest Harlow,

"HVAC" wrote...
in message ...
On 10/28/2010 3:50 AM, Painius wrote:

But once the present becomes the past, uncertainty
is removed. It is what it is becomes it was what it was.

~
How do you like me now?

Wrong!

Which part, dummy?

Probably begins with the part where you said that
uncertainty is removed. It is what it is becomes it
was what those in power want posterity to think it
was.

"Those in power"....Who the **** are "Those in power"?

It's US, snappahead. All of us together have the power.

All of us together? Since when have we been "all of us
together"? Clueless people have no power.

Happy days *and*...
Starry, starry nights !

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

PS - "To live life at risk you've got to jump off cliffs all
the time and build your wings on the way down."
Ray Bradbury

Old November 2nd 10, 09:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 10/31/2010 9:50 PM, Painius wrote:
My Dearest Harlow,

LOL!

"Those in power"....Who the **** are "Those in power"?

It's US, snappahead. All of us together have the power.

All of us together? Since when have we been "all of us
together"? Clueless people have no power.

Then that makes you powerless.

PS- You still didn't answer my question...
Who the **** are "Those in power"?

--
"Faith is believing what you know ain't so" - Mark Twain