Hitler finds out Obama cuts Constellation

Old February 12th 10, 12:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default Hitler finds out Obama cuts Constellation

On Feb 8, 1:50*pm, OM wrote:
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 09:51:38 -0500, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"

wrote:
I suspect it would pretty much clearly fall under "parody" at this point,
but IANAL.

...There's been discussion about this on other forums, and the general
consensus is that what would be at issue would be the *length* of the
clip that's constantly being used. CIP: Paranoidmount has *never* even
so much as slapped a DMCA notice on someone posting a clip where Kirk
is screaming "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!" in response to something
stupid that someone else did in a completely different context. The
brevity of that clip easily places it in Fair Use. However, if someone
comes along and takes, say, complete scene at the base of Mount Sinai
from "The Ten Commandments", gives it the "What's Up, Tiger Lilly?"
treatment, and *then* posts the whole scene to YouTube, Fair Use is
arguably exceeded despite any semblance of protection of Parody by the
1st Amendment.

One of the best re-does that I've seen on YouTube is 'Planet of the
Apes' (the original one with Charlton Heston) re-done as a Twilight
Zone episode. I don't know how it would fit in the scheme, though.

What people are doing with the "Downfall" clip is
coming very close to exceeding what even the most FA-loving, Pirate
Bay surfing, longtime usenet pirating judge would let someone get away
with.

Other than the clip that's the subject of this thread, my favorite use
of 'Downfall' goes by the title 'Hitler vs Khan'. Someone has
basically remade Star Trek 2 with the Nazis crewing the Enterprise.
Very well done, almost better than the original.

...Miami Herald... Obama Review of Constellation due this August! Jonathan History 0 May 25th 09 07:30 PM
*own* obama mother NOT WELCOME - 'Skunk' says obama preacher [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 March 24th 08 08:56 PM
the 7 cuts of galen Zomp SETI 0 July 17th 07 07:10 AM
Big ISS cuts Pat Flannery History 3 April 23rd 05 09:13 PM
Power cuts Martin Frey UK Astronomy 12 August 15th 03 07:03 PM