Anyone else seen this and thourght light pollution?

Old November 15th 09, 09:53 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Kev Lawrence

Default Anyone else seen this and thourght light pollution?

Kev

Old November 15th 09, 11:06 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Martin Brown

Kev Lawrence wrote:

Kev

More seriously I am inclined to think "Dreamspace" or "Colourspace" and
the ensuing disaster when the wind rips it from its moorings will be
considerably enhanced by the 120m fall to the ground. See.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/new...an_acc ident/

Personally I don't have a problem with people writing on the cloudbase
with lasers when the sky is *cloudy*. I do object to them putting beams
into the sky when it is clear (unless for LIDAR scientific work).

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old November 15th 09, 08:32 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Mike Williams

Wasn't it Kev Lawrence who wrote:

I would have thought that worrying about light pollution in the East End
of London was already a lost cause.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure
Old November 16th 09, 01:39 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Kev[_2_]

"Mike Williams" wrote in message
Wasn't it Kev Lawrence who wrote:

I would have thought that worrying about light pollution in the East End
of London was already a lost cause.

True but we don't want anything that sets a standard do we?

kev

The very first presidential effort to ever address Light Pollution: AlGore.org Statement on Light Pollution Ed[_2_] Amateur Astronomy 20 April 25th 07 12:30 PM
Light pollution in the UK AA Institute UK Astronomy 20 July 20th 05 03:53 AM
light pollution g Misc 1 October 26th 04 04:24 PM
Light Pollution (Again) Chef! UK Astronomy 19 March 18th 04 05:40 PM
Light Pollution and Mak vs SCT Jerry Amateur Astronomy 1 September 2nd 03 06:42 PM