Mars Dust

Old July 21st 03, 02:15 PM
Volker Hetzer

Default Mars Dust

"Odysseus" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Volker Hetzer wrote:

Sounds interesting. Can this inference be generalized to all animals
that live in groups and have individuals assigned this "watcher" role?
Do chimpanzees have watchers in their natural habitat?

I don't know for sure, but many groups of social animals have members
with such roles. Ground-squirrel colonies have pretty obvious
'sentries' posted when they're out foraging. The point, though, is
that the chimp's behaviour was based on some kind of awareness of his
comrade's perceptions; I think most animals and birds give their
alarm cries instinctually, without considering who really needs
warning. You won't see a ground-squirrel doing a head-count before it
starts squeaking and flicking its tail as you approach.

That's exactly what I was driving at. I was trying to find out how the
behavior of the chimpanzee indicated this awareness, whereas similar
behavior of other animals does not (indicate awareness).
Are there any links on the web to this experiment?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

Old July 22nd 03, 08:12 AM
Octa Ex

Default Moon in Corvus

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:05:04 -0400, (JOHN
PAZMINO) scribed these bits:

CS
From: Claudio Solis
Subject: Moon in Corvus
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:48:44 +0000 (UTC)
CS
CS
CS Can Moon be in Corvus constellation or just brushing by?
CS I guess that applies for Auriga, while Sextans, Cetus,
CS Orion, Ophiucus and ??? perhaps some other constellations
CS are to be given credit. How can I know for sure if Pluto
CS is in Bootes or Coma Berenices? Is there a text about
CS "extrazodiacal" constellations and the planets?
CS Thanks, Claudio
http://puck.dhs.org /extrazodiacal

You wrote this some long while ago? Pluto is in Ophichus.

Have a look on http://www.heavens-above.com/
here you can get star charts with the planets marked so you can see
which constellation its really in. I have been trying to track down
Uranus. Also I have located Vesta several times, even when close to
the moon. I need binoculars for observing these. Pluto is too dim
for me!

Pluto is near Eta Ophiuchus

There are 88 constellations so there are 76 extra zodiacal
constellations. Heavens above also has these listed.

Old July 25th 03, 12:23 PM
Matrix Reloaded

From: Claudio Solis
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:48:44 +0000 (UTC)
CS
[...]

Thank you very much! This was a _very_ hečpful link!

I have made some effort to categorize myself:

http://puck.dhs.org/new.zodiac/new.zodiac.html