Filter Sets

Old July 26th 03, 03:53 PM
Steve Willner

Default Filter Sets

In article ,
Jon Yardley writes:
Infrared bands j, h, k and l

There are several different filter sets in use, but best modern
practice is probably the Gemini set. Information at
http://www.gemini.edu/documentation/...nts/pre73.html

There are other relevant documents on the Gemini web site, which is
easily searchable. Prior to the new Gemini filters, the "Barr"
filter set was probably the most widely used. I think its
specifications are probably on the Gemini site somewhere.

You asked about the Sloan filters in sci.astro. Have you looked at
the Sloan web site?

--
Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA