The Achilles Heel of String Theory.

Old July 5th 06, 05:29 AM posted to sci.misc,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.edu,sci.math,alt.math.recreational
[email protected]

Default The Achilles Heel of String Theory.

Bill Hobba wroteth:
"S D Rodrian" wrote in message
The Achilles Heel of String Theory.

The instant the term "dimensions" ["the number of
elements in a basis of a vector space," "the quality
of spatial extension] is used in any text to describe
anything which might exist apart from our reality
(universe)... you can be certain it is a science-
fiction text, and NOT science (as "the systematic
study of reality").

So models have no connection to realty?

Such an absolute statement! Since you are a person
obviously lacking the gift of subtlety, I shall be more
categorical still, for your sake:

"Some models do have a connection to reality, but
not all of them." NOTE that my paragraph specifies
those models which use so-called "dimensions."
Specifically: NONE of those "models" have any
connection with reality whatsoever (they lose all
connection to reality the instant the term "dimension"
is a mention):

Why? Because if the mind can conceive of any
"conceivable" manifold (or, so-called dimension), then
that "dimension" can exist in our reality as part of
our so-called three-dimensional reality WITHOUT
having to "add anything to it" (to our 3-D reality).

"Pushing" it OUT of our reality is an unnecessary
artificiality perpetrated ("mathematically") via the
common confusion that arises when we speak of our
reality as somehow strictly "3" dimensional. Or,

HINT: If it exists inside our 3-D reality, there is no
need for it to exist outside it. Therefore it adds nothing
to speak of it as "an additional" dimension (it adds
nothing to our reality). DOUBLE HINT:

There is nothing "1" dimensional in our reality.

Therefore it's nonsense to try to speak of
anything being "2" dimensional, and therefore
even more absurd to speak of anything being "3"
dimensional (in reality), and so on & so on...
the sequence becoming more and more absurd
as it goes on.

Hope this simplificationalism helps, but I know from
experience that simpletons are not necessarily always
the first to grasp the simplest things.

S D Rodrian
http://poems.sdrodrian.com
http://physics.sdrodrian.com
http://music.sdrodrian.com
http://mp3.sdrodrian.com

Old July 5th 06, 04:36 PM posted to sci.misc,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.edu,sci.math,alt.math.recreational
[email protected]

Virgil wrote:
In article om,
wrote:

Bill Hobba wroteth:
"S D Rodrian" wrote in message
The Achilles Heel of String Theory.

The instant the term "dimensions" ["the number of
elements in a basis of a vector space," "the quality
of spatial extension] is used in any text to describe
anything which might exist apart from our reality
(universe)... you can be certain it is a science-
fiction text, and NOT science (as "the systematic
study of reality").

HINT: If it exists inside our 3-D reality, there is no
need for it to exist outside it.

As you have referred to reality in terms of dimensions, your "3
dimensional reality" is, by your own assessment, relegated to science
fiction.

"One cannot say, 'Him pulled the trigger!'"
--But, gee, Boss: You just said it!

The term "dimensions" is not only used in science and
mathematics but commonly. As in, "the dimensions of
this box are not enough." (I also need a sandwitch.)

But my point stands: It is ALWAYS an absurdity
when anyone limits (sets a number to) "dimensions."
And the number (which number) is irrelevant.

S D Rodrian
http://poems.sdrodrian.com
http://physics.sdrodrian.com
http://music.sdrodrian.com
http://mp3.sdrodrian.com

Cosmology and String Theory Jo Misc 6 June 29th 06 08:39 PM
About the TRICK in coordinates introduced by Kruskal and Szekeres in 1961 [email protected] Astronomy Misc 10 August 16th 05 08:06 AM