Absorption lines are unaffected by Doppler shift.

Old October 28th 05, 10:33 PM
Henri Wilson

Default Absorption lines are unaffected by Doppler shift.

On 27 Oct 2005 11:57:01 -0700, "Jerry" wrote:

Dirk Van de moortel wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message oups.com...

Dirk Van de moortel wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message oups.com...
Henri Wilson wrote:

I take that to mean you have no evidence that IR comes
from the same layer as visible.

Henri,
1) How big does the Sun look in visible light?
2) How big does the Sun look in IR light?
3) How big does the Sun look in UV light?
4) How big does the Sun look at radio frequencies?

5) How big does the Sun look in X_rays?

Watch Henri invent another eponymous law to explain
why our observations of the Sun aren't relevant...

He will probably say something silly like for instance:
"I don't think we can judge the whole
universe by our local knowledge of it."

;-)
Dirk Vdm

If Henri had ANY knowledge of solar physics, he would have
caught you on X-rays. The photosphere is very dim in X-rays.
http://science.msfc.nasa.gov/ssl/pad/solar/corona.htm

He didn't correct you, which just goes to show how totally
ignorant he is.

I don't read his messages.

Jerry

HW.
www.users.bigpond.com/hewn/index.htm
see: www.users.bigpond.com/hewn/variablestars.exe

"Sometimes I feel like a complete failure.
The most useful thing I have ever done is prove Einstein wrong".
Old October 28th 05, 10:35 PM
Henri Wilson

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:16:00 +0200, "Paul B. Andersen"
wrote:

Dirk Van de moortel wrote:

Henri Wilson wrote:

I take that to mean you have no evidence that IR comes
from the same layer as visible.

Henri,
1) How big does the Sun look in visible light?
2) How big does the Sun look in IR light?
3) How big does the Sun look in UV light?
4) How big does the Sun look at radio frequencies?

5) How big does the Sun look in X_rays?

Watch Henri invent another eponymous law to explain
why our observations of the Sun aren't relevant...

He will probably say something silly like for instance:
"I don't think we can judge the whole
universe by our local knowledge of it."

;-)
Dirk Vdm

If Henri had ANY knowledge of solar physics, he would have
caught you on X-rays. The photosphere is very dim in X-rays.
http://science.msfc.nasa.gov/ssl/pad/solar/corona.htm

Ah yes, since the photosphere is *much* cooler than the corona.
I should have thought of that one. For my defense, I can say
that my course on Stellar Internals and Atmospheres happened
27 years ago... pages and pages and pages covering one
single equation - horrible ;-)

He didn't correct you, which just goes to show how totally
ignorant he is.

Thanks for correcting me :-)

Cheers,
Dirk Vdm

I think this discussion started with my claim
that all the radiation comes from the photosphere.
This is obviously not strictly true.
What I meant (and also said, but didn't repeat every time)
is that all the black body radiation comes from the same
layer - the photosphere. This is rather obvious - the black
body radiation comes from the part of the star which is dense
enough to act as a "body" and emit a continuous spectrum.
Deeper layers are not transparent.
The 10um IR radiation is part of the black body radiation like
visible light is. But radio frequencies and X-rays are not.

Is our sun your sole reference for this?

Paul

Old October 28th 05, 10:51 PM
Dirk Van de moortel

Henri Wilson wrote:

[...]

So, how do you call these?
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.p...407930ffabdc33
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.p...85fa65d2599881
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.p...7398b1d0ef1a91
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.p...6462ceee8f9b29
Lies or brain rot? ;-)

Dirk Vdm

Old October 28th 05, 11:37 PM
AllYou!

You think stalking me in other NGs is gonna get rid of me in this one, think
again, **** for brains. I've pretty much ignored your anger, bitterness, and
general small mindedness for nearly a year now, but I post just a couple of
messages here lately and you come and stalk me not only here, but in other NGs?

What's the point of that, Van Moortel? Did I strike a nerve way back then? Was
outing you as the bitter, lowly, immoral, pathetic old man all that hurtful?

Does my mere presence remind you of the fact that you have no life and no claim
to fame and that you've accomplished nothing in your pathetic life? Is that why
you've posted here for so long and devoted yourself to McCarthy-like tactics to
silence those who challenge you? Is it because this is all you have, and to
have it challenged in any way would destroy the only reason you have for
continuing to waste fresh air?

Well, think again, asshole. Whatever your motive in going after me for
absolutely no reason could possibly have been, it backfired. I'm not going
anywhere, dick head. Deal with it. I'm going to re-devote myself to exposing
you for the empty shell of a person you really are.

Old October 29th 05, 02:22 PM
jem

AllYou! wrote:

[...]

Don't waste your time exposing Dirk, Moronicus; you have no credibility
in the sci groups. Allyou will accomplish is getting yourself included
in more killfiles.
Old October 29th 05, 02:44 PM
jem

jem wrote:

AllYou! wrote:

[...]

Oops, I mean don't waste rotations of the Earth - sorry M.

Old July 4th 06, 11:04 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy
Crank Hunter

geo wrote:
A link between solar activity and earth buffeting caused earthquakes on
www.electricquakes.com ?

This site has some pretty cool grpahics and you can monitor changes in
earth spin and solar activity and earthquakes to visually see any
correlations.
Pretty cool.

no. actually pretty crappy.