Ross 128

Old July 19th 17, 12:21 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier[_3_]

Default Ross 128

I have seen from multiple source that the Arecibo radio telescope has
detected a "weird signal" from the Ross 128 star last April and May.
What I can't find is hard data about what makes the signal weird. Does
anyone have data about the signal. Things like the frequency, duration
power...

Alain Fournier
Old July 19th 17, 02:43 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 7:21:46 PM UTC-4, Alain Fournier wrote:
I have seen from multiple source that the Arecibo radio telescope has
detected a "weird signal" from the Ross 128 star last April and May.
What I can't find is hard data about what makes the signal weird. Does
anyone have data about the signal. Things like the frequency, duration
power...

Alain Fournier

Ross 128 is right in the top of the LEFT WING of Virgo. The right brain controls the LEFT WING, so Almighty God is telling us to be more intuitive, thoughtful, and subjective!
Old July 23rd 17, 03:34 AM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

On 7/18/2017 7:21 PM, Alain Fournier wrote:

I have seen from multiple source that the Arecibo radio telescope has
detected a "weird signal" from the Ross 128 star last April and May.
What I can't find is hard data about what makes the signal weird. Does
anyone have data about the signal. Things like the frequency, duration
power...

Alain Fournier

FWIW and IIRC I remember reading that Ross 128 is following an unusual
trajectory through the Milky Way, very much different from most of the
stars it shares its spiral arm with, including our Sun.

But apparently its position relative to Earth is also a bit problematic
for radio astronomy:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...D=ansmsnnews11

Dave
Old July 23rd 17, 04:40 AM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

And one other factoid. Ross 128 is fairly close. Inside 12 light years
from Earth!

David