Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old October 15th 15, 09:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 4:00:52 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Another nice day here in Gresham. Now 71F, sunny, and calm as of 3:45 PM PDT.

Went across down to my locker again today. Brought home more clothes and some other stuff. Actually I have a lot of clothes, most of them were to nice for wearing on the streets. I have bought a clothes rack for additional closet space to hang them up.

Have been seeing a lot of tiny flies around here lately. I had just about concluded that they were just dust, stuff from some trees or pants, or else ash from the coal fired electrical plants. They are too small for me to see them clearly, but they fill the air! Then I heard this morning on the radio news that they are the latest invasion from California!

Now I suppose it's OK for Californians (like Hagar) to move up here, but do they really have to bring their flies with them?

There will soon be an initiative on the ballot here in Oregon to stop generating electricity by burning coal.

Double-A

Lot cooler cloudy,but no chance of rain. Not many flies in Anaheim.Not many birds.Lots of people,and cars.Red sunsets.Lots of fireworks at 9:30.No Sandy again. Days getting short,and I;m in bed at 8.Shower and shave by 9am. TreBert
Old October 16th 15, 12:15 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 1:59:50 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

Lot cooler cloudy,but no chance of rain. Not many flies in Anaheim.Not many birds.Lots of people,and cars.Red sunsets.Lots of fireworks at 9:30.No Sandy again. Days getting short,and I;m in bed at 8.Shower and shave by 9am. TreBert

I think all your flies have moved here to Oregon!

A nice 74F here as of 4:00 PM PDT here in Gresham. East wind gusting up to 20 mph. Rain will come with the weekend.

Lunch with Kim yesterday. Across town again to to locker today. Gathered some acorns over by my storage facility. Will see what they are like after I've boiled them for an hour.

Double-A

Old October 16th 15, 05:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 4:15:52 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 1:59:50 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

Lot cooler cloudy,but no chance of rain. Not many flies in Anaheim.Not many birds.Lots of people,and cars.Red sunsets.Lots of fireworks at 9:30.No Sandy again. Days getting short,and I;m in bed at 8.Shower and shave by 9am. TreBert

I think all your flies have moved here to Oregon!

A nice 74F here as of 4:00 PM PDT here in Gresham. East wind gusting up to 20 mph. Rain will come with the weekend.

Lunch with Kim yesterday. Across town again to to locker today. Gathered some acorns over by my storage facility. Will see what they are like after I've boiled them for an hour.

Double-A

Very dense clouds this 10am.Still warm.It will not rain that is an easy prediction.I read the Oregon Indian eat acorns.I tied them and they were bitter. My sugar was 56 and its never been that low.It should be 106 Check it again at 11am TreBert
Old October 17th 15, 12:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, October 16, 2015 at 9:50:18 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

Very dense clouds this 10am.Still warm.It will not rain that is an easy prediction.I read the Oregon Indian eat acorns.I tied them and they were bitter. My sugar was 56 and its never been that low.It should be 106 Check it again at 11am TreBert

It should be about 70. I think mine got almost that low and A1C down to, I think, 4.9 before the Dr. finally admitted that I really didn't have diabetes. But Halloween is coming soon, so just wolf down more of those candy bars if you want to get that sugar level up!

Acorns are supposed to be edible after you boil them for an hours to take out the bitterness. Trouble is I fell asleep while boiling them last night. When I woke up in the middle of the night, it was to the smell of burnt acorns! But I brought some more back with me today.

Still nice weather here in Gresham, but gathering clouds are forming as the marine air moves in bringing rain. Currently 74F as of 4:00 PM PDT. East wind letting up.

Mt. St. Helens looks almost without snow, and even Mt. Hood is showing very little snow.

Double-A

Old October 17th 15, 06:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Thunder and lightning came early this morning, and rain. Has let up now. 59F as of 10:45 AM PDT here in Gresham.

Mad it to the farmers market and got me some more vegetables. Even the farmers now are Mexicans!

What's this I hear about torrential rains and mud slides in California? Haven't you gotten any of that in Anaheim, Bert?

Today is college football game day! Watch Portland state. Not a Pac-12 team, but they have already beat Washington Stare, which is a Pac-12 team, and who in turn have beaten the Oregon Ducks, runner up to last years national championship!

Today Portland State plays Montana, a classic rivalry. I was in the stadium back in the 70s when PSU played Montana in the most exciting game ever played by them! PSU won in the final seconds 50 to 49! Mouse Davis, the godfather of the "Run and Shoot" was coaching then. And June Jones was the quarterback. Jones now is a college coach with a multimillion dollar salary!

Double-A

Old October 17th 15, 07:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 10:56:23 AM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

Today Portland State plays Montana, a classic rivalry. I was in the stadium back in the 70s when PSU played Montana in the most exciting game ever played by them! PSU won in the final seconds 50 to 49! Mouse Davis, the godfather of the "Run and Shoot" was coaching then. And June Jones was the quarterback. Jones now is a college coach with a multimillion dollar salary!

June Jones is no longer coaching, he resigned from SMU last September...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_Jones
Old October 17th 15, 07:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 11:13:35 AM UTC-7, palsing wrote:
On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 10:56:23 AM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

Today Portland State plays Montana, a classic rivalry. I was in the stadium back in the 70s when PSU played Montana in the most exciting game ever played by them! PSU won in the final seconds 50 to 49! Mouse Davis, the godfather of the "Run and Shoot" was coaching then. And June Jones was the quarterback. Jones now is a college coach with a multimillion dollar salary!

June Jones is no longer coaching, he resigned from SMU last September...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_Jones

Thanks for the update. I will never forget that exciting game when I saw him play at PSU. But time marches on for all of us, doesn't it?

Double-A

Old October 17th 15, 10:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 11:49:21 AM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 11:13:35 AM UTC-7, palsing wrote:
On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 10:56:23 AM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

Today Portland State plays Montana, a classic rivalry. I was in the stadium back in the 70s when PSU played Montana in the most exciting game ever played by them! PSU won in the final seconds 50 to 49! Mouse Davis, the godfather of the "Run and Shoot" was coaching then. And June Jones was the quarterback. Jones now is a college coach with a multimillion dollar salary!

June Jones is no longer coaching, he resigned from SMU last September....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_Jones

Thanks for the update. I will never forget that exciting game when I saw him play at PSU. But time marches on for all of us, doesn't it?

Double-A

AA No rain in Anaheim.Sunday morning I'm going to Irvine U and seeing a patent lawyer ;Kill two birds.Its 15 miles from Anaheim all freeway.Easy Sunday ride. Weather is a lot cooler.Its cloudy in am but clear by noon. I hope Boston does not get the snow like last year.Nice weather to work on van. Irvine is a money city.Upper class.Uncle Al lived in Irvine.I might stay to open an office there. Will see. TreBert
Old October 18th 15, 08:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 2:16:28 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA No rain in Anaheim.Sunday morning I'm going to Irvine U and seeing a patent lawyer ;Kill two birds.Its 15 miles from Anaheim all freeway.Easy Sunday ride. Weather is a lot cooler.Its cloudy in am but clear by noon. I hope Boston does not get the snow like last year.Nice weather to work on van.

Cloudy but so far dry here in Gresham. As of 11:45 AM PDT it is 62F. Expected high today only 65F.

Boiled more acorns. This time managed not to burn them. Took me a long time to scour all the carbon out the pan from last time! With a little salt they tasted pretty good. Not much bitterness left. But cracking the soft shells, getting them out of the shells, and then boiling them for an hour, and changing the water several times is a lot of trouble.

I was slightly mistaken the Portland State game. The big rivalry game with Montana is in 2 weeks on Halloween. But PSU easily polished off Montana State yesterday 59-42!

I was an all league tackle on the Corbett Cardinal high school football team playing next to tight end Brent Somners. Brent went on to play tight end for Portland State University in the early days of their program.

Irvine is a money city.Upper class.Uncle Al lived in Irvine.I might stay to open an office there. Will see. TreBert

Maybe you could look up Uncle Al and renew an old friendship!

Double-A

Old October 19th 15, 09:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 12:04:31 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 2:16:28 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA No rain in Anaheim.Sunday morning I'm going to Irvine U and seeing a patent lawyer ;Kill two birds.Its 15 miles from Anaheim all freeway.Easy Sunday ride. Weather is a lot cooler.Its cloudy in am but clear by noon. I hope Boston does not get the snow like last year.Nice weather to work on van.

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM