where Jimmy's frequent democrat spoils, Candy puts instead of teenage, conservative oceans

Old August 14th 07, 08:51 AM posted to talk.bizarre,sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default where Jimmy's frequent democrat spoils, Candy puts instead of teenage, conservative oceans

migrates---inexorably migrates---
* into the cooler stuff. This is one manifestation of the Second Law of
* Thermodynamics, which everyone of education has encountered.
*
* This is sometimes referred to as 'the universe is running down'.

Okay, 'entropy', yeah I remember that kinda. Keep going:

Our solar system is a lot of matter that is NOT sitting in a situation of
entropy: the sun is radiating heat at the planets. Instead of just matter
smoothing out to a common low-energy state, a burning fireball is at work.

Cybernetics states that under conditions
like this, matter does something special.

* "Platform for Change", by Stafford Beer, 1978, ISBN 0 471 06189 1
*
* If we have a universe, which is improbable though it exists, it is
* because the Second Law of Thermodynamics has two forms. One is concerned
* with the pressure to even out energy; that is the form which belongs to
* our stereotyped conception of the universe. It betokens death.
*
* The other form is about information content, which leads to greater
* organization and increasing complexity. That form betokens life.

What would be a specific example of energy causing matter
to be formatted by information, becoming "more complex"?

* "The Human Use of Human Beings", by Norbert Wiener
*
* A light quantum is a very small thing, but it turns out the energy
* transfer which is necessary for an effective information coupling
* is quite small.
*
* Thus,