kill all the stupid people

Old October 26th 07, 05:52 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

Default kill all the stupid people

Tim wrote:

[snip]

Fred shouldn't have started on me in the first place. I had done
absolutely nothing to him. If Fred can prove there's a semblance of a
decent human being there somewhere and apologise then as far as i am
concerned the matter is over.

Fred is obviously a moron and a ****** of the first degree. You're not
- but you are inclined to, well, `lose it a bit sometimes and rant and
rave somewhat'. And I don't mean to be insulting when I say that -
surely you've seen it in yourself?

What Mally is suggesting is that you are lowering yourself to his level,
and making yourself appear to be similar to him. Your argument as
presented above sounds just like the sort of justification used by kids
when I was at infants' school: `Fred shouldn't have started on me in the
first place'. By the time I was at middle school, almost everyone had
been educated out of that kind of childishness.

Now, if you're doing that kind of thing in the way that I'm doing it:
not taking myself seriously, making myself appear to be an
intermittently childish idiot in public for the sake of humour (even if
I am the only one who gets the joke), and so on - fair enough.

But otherwise?

Rowland.

P.S. And this is not me having a go at you at all, okay?

--
Remove the animal for email address:
Sorry - the spam got to me
Old October 26th 07, 06:22 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
cal

On 10/25/07 9:33 PM, in article
, "Rowland
McDonnell" wrote:
Both elections were frauds. The US electoral system is a fraud.
There's nothing to stop electoral districts being rigged - and they are.
The US system's rotten in fashions that were dealt with in the UK
electoral system in the 19th century. We *used* to have the same
problems here, but we got rid of them. Time the USA advanced to the
19th century, I reckon.

every country gets the government they deserve, ah reckin. i just don't
think it's reasonable for them to expect the rest of us to get the
government they deserve, and like it.

Old October 26th 07, 06:53 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
cal

On 10/25/07 9:36 PM, in article
, "Rowland
McDonnell" wrote:

cal wrote:

"Fred J. McCall" wrote:

[snip]

Dark Ages II, anyone?

i'm game, long as i get to be king.

Oh goody!

You do /know/ what happened to most kings in the Dark Ages, don't you?
It was in the later and more civilised mediaeval period that they got on
to subtle stuff like a red hot poker up the jacksie.

we shall designate you our master of stool, and you can then warn us of
approaching hot objects and other menace against our royal person while we
are vulnerably disposed.

Old October 26th 07, 06:54 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
cal

On 10/25/07 9:33 PM, in article
, "Rowland
McDonnell" wrote:

cal wrote:

McDonnell" wrote:

cal wrote:

[snip]

as we get increasingly dumb, we survive longer and in far greater numbers.

You have data to back up this claim?

that we're living longer and in far greater numbers is self-evident.

Is it really? Have you compared life expectancy in modern Russia with
that which obtained during the later Soviet era? Or the predictions
made about the UK population, based on the increasingly unhealthy
lifestyles that people are living?

There are many commentators who think that we've hit a peak and we're
going to slip off it in terms of life expectancy.

prognostication isn't my game. where it goes from here is moot, but the fact
is, we're collectively at a peak relative to the past. it is this fact which
gives rise to my statement that "we're living longer and in far greater
numbers."

whether we're getting increasingly dumb is for you to decide.

Well, no, it's for the proposer of the idea (you) to demonstrate - since
all depends on that one crucial point, for which I say there is no
evidence at all.

then i take it you've made your decision.

As jokes go, it's a not bad one. But I find it hard to credit that
you're expecting anyone to take the idea remotely seriously.

my sympathies.

Old October 26th 07, 06:55 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
slunky

_/ Rowland McDonnell wrote \_
If you look around, you'll notice that in Britain, we don't do that. We
just *know* that we're superior.

They why do you have to reassure yourself of it in every post you make?

(I'm betting that your attention span is too short to read all of this
post. Let's see what your reply looks like - I think I'll win my bet)

Your bet against who? I keep my posts short and sweet, I don't need to
bloviate about how wonderful where I live is because you already know
it, and it burns your ass I'm sure. Too bad you couldn't be an American.
I guess you'll have to hiss and spit about it for the rest of your life
you backwards nationalist ****.

--
-slunky
Old October 26th 07, 07:03 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

cal wrote:

" Rowland McDonnell" wrote:
Both elections were frauds. The US electoral system is a fraud.
There's nothing to stop electoral districts being rigged - and they are.
The US system's rotten in fashions that were dealt with in the UK
electoral system in the 19th century. We *used* to have the same
problems here, but we got rid of them. Time the USA advanced to the
19th century, I reckon.

every country gets the government they deserve, ah reckin.

Ah reckin you know **** about the world. No-one deserves Pol Pot or
Hitler or Stalin running things.

India did not *deserve* to be run by Britain, surely? I mean, that was
just plain `us stealing their country from under their feet' (it didn't
take a lot of actual fighting at all - mostly political manoeuvering and
suchlike).

The French didn't deserve the monarchy they had - so they threw it out,
and then went through several worse governments. They're on to their
fifth republic at the moment - they're due for another revolution soon,
so people think, but that's a bit of a problem because things are too
stable for a revolution to actually happen.

All I have to do is take a short trip over the sea to the west and I can
find any number of very highly educated people who can explain to me at
very, very great length and in excruciating detail exactly how it is
their nation didn't deserve the government that was imposed on it by
*my* nation for several centuries (although to be completely fair, one
should point out that it was the Norman *******s who started the
business of controlling Ireland from England).

[If you get into an argument with an Irishman about history, don't even
think about questioning his assertions of fact: his education was better
than yours, and he was paying attention. It's best to retire gracefully
and admit defeat most of the time]

The people who were living in the USA before the European invasion got a
government imposed upon them that resulted in their cultures being
utterly destroyed, their livihoods wiped out, their lands stolen, and
most of the people being killed.

And you say they deserved it...

Like all the black people forcibly transported to the USA deserved the
government they got too - the one that insisted that they weren't fully
human and had no right to freedom and could be owned as property. They
deserved the horrors of slavery in the USA, did they?

i just don't
think it's reasonable for them to expect the rest of us to get the
government they deserve, and like it.

I have no idea what this might mean.

What we need is a world in which all governments act in a sane and
reasonable fashion for the good of all. There's no way to do that when
governments are selected to serve a national interest. That's why we
need some sort of global government.

We also need government that takes a long-term view; one of the really
big problems the world has is that the US government (the most powerful
government in the world at the moment) is incapable of taking a
long-term view given the way it's elected and the details of how
adminstration of the USA is performed. You've got a screwed system over
the pond, you hear? Fix it!

The EU and the UN and similar supra-national bodies are all steps in
approximately the right direction, for all that the supra-national
bodies we have are mostly fundamentally seriously flawed in various
ways. It's still the only way to reach civilisation.

Rowland.

Old October 26th 07, 07:40 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

cal wrote:

"Rowland McDonnell" wrote:

cal wrote:

"Fred J. McCall" wrote:

[snip]

Dark Ages II, anyone?

i'm game, long as i get to be king.

Oh goody!

You do /know/ what happened to most kings in the Dark Ages, don't you?
It was in the later and more civilised mediaeval period that they got on
to subtle stuff like a red hot poker up the jacksie.

we shall designate you our master of stool, and you can then warn us of
approaching hot objects and other menace against our royal person while we
are vulnerably disposed.

Ah. I see what the problem is. You're getting the late mediaeval
period mixed up with the dark ages. And in neither case could you be
sure that the person designated to make sure you don't get done in won't
betray you.

Rowland.

Old October 26th 07, 07:40 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

slunky wrote:

_/ Rowland McDonnell wrote \_
If you look around, you'll notice that in Britain, we don't do that. We
just *know* that we're superior.

They why do you have to reassure yourself of it in every post you make?

As I've explained elsewhere, I only bang on like this is response to
ignorant, arrogant Yanks for the purposes of winding them up.

It's a form of humour; I realise that most USAians are deficient in
humour, so it's neccessary to point it out.

(I'm betting that your attention span is too short to read all of this
post. Let's see what your reply looks like - I think I'll win my bet)

Your bet against who?

Me. And I did win - you did fail to read it all, didn't you?

I keep my posts short and sweet,

chuckle That's your excuse for doing nothing but posting dishonest
and snide remarks that ignore all the relevant issues - mostly because
you simply don't have the mental capacity for comprehending complex
ideas, let alone writing them down.

I don't need to
bloviate about how wonderful where I live is because you already know
it, and it burns your ass I'm sure. Too bad you couldn't be an American.

cackle Bullseye!

I have touched a raw nerve, haven't I?

You Yanks are quite funny, aren't you? You get the idea that everyone
in the world is jealous of your ******** country with its ingrained
institutionalised racism (the USA was founded on the basis of whites
lording it over the `lesser' races, of whom the blacks were to be slaves
and the `Indians' were to be exterminated) and other social iniquity,
its unjust laws, its corrupt government, its massive state-funded (by
way of direct purchase and illegal subsidy) death-tech business, its
unsustainable and illegally subsidised agriculture and business, its
appalling environmental record (the USA is as bad at land desecration as
the Warsaw Pact nations were, but they at least are cleaning up their
mess now). It goes on like this. And oh! The ugliness of it all -
ugly cities, ugly countryside. Ugh!

Believe it or not, I've never wanted to live in the USA. I have
relatives over there and - well, I know what it's like living in the USA
for real and I do not find the prospect attractive.

I guess you'll have to hiss and spit about it for the rest of your life
you backwards nationalist ****.

chuckle

Backwards, you say? Well, one of us lives in a free country with
universal health care (compare the UK's success in dealing with AIDS to
the dreadful mess in the USA, for example) and a sound welfare state
that does the job properly. And also has an economy in roaringly good
shape, gets on well with its neighbours, has low crime, safe streets,
and so on.

Part of the reason the UK economy is doing so well is that the UK is one
of the preferred destinations for Poles and other `new accession' EU
nationals who want to earn some money. They come here, they work like,
well, Poles, earn shed loads of money, and give us bloody good service.
Big wins all round - well, hardly surprising what Poles tending to be
well-educated, intelligent, sophisticated, and incredibly hard-working.
We're not so paranoid about foreigners as you lot in the USA - did you
know that the USA is losing business because of your paranoia about
foreigners? I do know that quite a lot of academic conferences have had
to be moved to venues outside the USA because of the trouble involved in
actually getting permission to attend, and then being allowed in even
when permission has been obtained.

I'm a modern educated European - we've all given up on old-fashioned
narrow-minded nationalism. We also know that Europe is the most
socially advanced and civilised place on the planet. In terms of social
issues, the USA is third world by comparison.

Rowland.

Old October 26th 07, 07:40 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

cal wrote:

"Rowland McDonnell" wrote:

cal wrote:

McDonnell" wrote:

cal wrote:

[snip]

as we get increasingly dumb, we survive longer and in far greater
numbers.

You have data to back up this claim?

that we're living longer and in far greater numbers is self-evident.

Is it really? Have you compared life expectancy in modern Russia with
that which obtained during the later Soviet era? Or the predictions
made about the UK population, based on the increasingly unhealthy
lifestyles that people are living?

There are many commentators who think that we've hit a peak and we're
going to slip off it in terms of life expectancy.

prognostication isn't my game.

Erm, no: it's exactly what you were doing. Now I point out that you
were talking ********, you claim that you weren't playing that game.

Believe it or not, some of us have the intellectual capacity to spot
this sort of dishonesty. All it takes is the ability to read
substantial quantities of prose, remember the details, and to analyse
them.

It's a common skill that any educated person can and does learn -
unfortunately, you seem to have missed out on most of your education.
What's entertaining is that you seem to think that everyone else in the
world is as intellectually incapable as you are yourself.

Look, you just happen to be a certain type of really annoying idiot that
I happen to enjoy ripping the **** out of. I've been doing so for some
time. I suppose it counts as trolling - but my motivation is not to
disrupt, but to provide entertainment, and you're certainly helping me
get some giggles.

I hope others are amused too.

I suppose I should mention that while I have something I call a sense of
humour, others are not so sure. The only other person I've come across
whose sense of humour seems close to mine is a fictional character: Lord
Vetinari, patrician of Ankh-Morpork. Unfortunately, I'm not quite as on
the ball as he is.

(and if you've no idea what I'm talking about, STFW, buy some books, and
get educated)

where it goes from here is moot,

But where it goes from here is exactly what you were on about!

but the fact
is, we're collectively at a peak relative to the past.

puzzled But I have indicated to you that we are not.

it is this fact which
gives rise to my statement that "we're living longer and in far greater
numbers."

And as I pointed out, you're wrong.

whether we're getting increasingly dumb is for you to decide.

Well, no, it's for the proposer of the idea (you) to demonstrate - since
all depends on that one crucial point, for which I say there is no
evidence at all.

then i take it you've made your decision.

My decision is that since you've presented no evidence and ignored all
relevant points, you're talking utter ****.

But I didn't need to see how you reacted to what I had to say - I've met
your sort before. Incapable of learning, nothing but fixed ideas in
your head, mostly lunatic and bigoted. There's nothing to be done with
folk like you - except take the **** until you get the hint.

As jokes go, it's a not bad one. But I find it hard to credit that
you're expecting anyone to take the idea remotely seriously.

my sympathies.

wipes tears of laughter from his eyes

Oh dearie me.

Rowland.