Cosmic Decreasing Gravity and the Age of the Universe

Old September 30th 07, 08:02 PM posted to sci.physics,dk.videnskab,sci.astro
[email protected]

Default Cosmic Decreasing Gravity and the Age of the Universe

Cosmic Decreasing Gravity and the Age of the Universe

By Louis Nielsen, Denmark

Treatise: http://www.rostra.dk/louis

What is the age of the Universe? How can we calculate the age of the
Universe?
In the history of cosmology different calculations based on different
observations and different cosmological models, have given different
values of the age of the Universe.

In the following I give an estimate of the age of the Universe based
on an equation derived in my treatise: "Quantum Cosmology with
Decreasing Gravity".

To calculate the age T of the Universe I use the following equation
giving the decrease of the gravitational 'constant' G(T) with the age
T of the Universe:

(1) G(T) = G(t)*(t/T)^(1/3)

In equation (1) G(T) is the value of the gravitational 'constant' at
the time T equal to the actual age of the Universe. G(t) is the value
of the gravitational 'constant' at the first cosmic quantum-interval
of time t when the Universe came into existence. In our epoch G(T) has
the value:

(2) G(T) = 6.67*10^(-11) (N*m^2)/(kg)^2

The quantum of time t (the time-atom) is given by:

(3) t = h/(M*c^2) = 5*10^(-111) sec

The 'quantum of time' t has relation to Planck's constant h, the
velocity of light c and very important, the total mass M of the
Universe. An estimate of the magnitude of the total mass M of the
Universe is given in my treatise.

In the embryonic quantum-state of the Universe when the Universe had
an age equal to
t = 5*10^(-111) sec the magnitudes of gravitational forces was equal
to the magnitudes of electric forces. The gravitational 'constant'
G(t) can then be calculated from the equation:

(4) G(t) = (k*e^2)/m(e)^2 = 2.78*10^32 (N*m^2)/(kg)^2

In equation (4) k is coulomb's constant, e the electric charge of an
electron and m(e) the mass of an electron.

The ratio between G(t) and G(T) is equal to the ratio between the
electric forces and the gravitational forces between two electrons. In
our epoch we have:

(5) G(t)/G(T) = 4.16*10^42

From equation (1) we can calculate the age T of the Universe

(6) T = t*(G(t)/G(T))^3 = 11.5*10^9 years = 11.5 billion years

The uncertainty in the estimated value of the age of the Universe is
the value of the total mass of the Universe which determined the
values of the quantum of time and the quantum of space.

You can read more at: http://www.rostra.dk/louis

Best regards
Louis Nielsen
Denmark