binocular holder

Old July 21st 07, 06:38 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Phyloe

Default binocular holder

I am not sure of the name but I build a holder for my 35 x 70
binoculars. I got the design online several years ago and built the
holder and used a high quality mirror. This is one of those deals
where you place the holder on a table and look at the reflection
through the mirror. My problem is that the binocular cannot focus. I
have it focused all the way out but things I see are not sharp. They
do go from totally fuzzy to much better, but not sharp. What is the
proper distance that the end of the binocular should be from the
mirror? the distance I have now is 10". I can easily add length to
this thing. I am pretty certain I followed the directions but
apparently I did something wrong.

Old July 21st 07, 08:47 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"Phyloe" wrote in message
oups.com...

I am not sure of the name but I build a holder for my 35 x 70
binoculars. I got the design online several years ago and built the
holder and used a high quality mirror. This is one of those deals
where you place the holder on a table and look at the reflection
through the mirror. My problem is that the binocular cannot focus. I
have it focused all the way out but things I see are not sharp. They
do go from totally fuzzy to much better, but not sharp. What is the
proper distance that the end of the binocular should be from the
mirror? the distance I have now is 10". I can easily add length to
this thing. I am pretty certain I followed the directions but
apparently I did something wrong.

'Lo Phyloe --

There was a time when i had 20/40 vision in
one eye and 20/50 vision in the other. This
caused me a focus problem with binoculars.
If your problem turns out to be similar, there
is probably a set of binoculars that will focus
for each eye independently. They could be
pretty expensive, though, so like me, you
might be better off with a telescope.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Tender is my love for thee
Oh star so close at hand,

It's so easy to believe
In all this beachin' fun,
That some day you and we will be--
Altogether one.

http://sec.noaa.gov/primer/primer.html

You could almost hear the sssssss...
http://tinyurl.com/2tjr2b

Indelibly yours,
Paine
http://www.savethechildren.org/
http://www.painellsworth.net

Old July 21st 07, 06:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On Jul 21, 12:47 am, "Painius" wrote:
"Phyloe" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

I had a set of binoculars with a focus adjustment for each eye. They
can't be that uncommon.

Double-A

Filter holder [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 2 August 25th 06 11:35 PM
Filter holder [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 0 August 25th 06 05:04 PM
OTA holder Starlord Amateur Astronomy 0 July 27th 06 12:25 AM
Filter Holder Roger Amateur Astronomy 0 October 2nd 03 03:14 PM
Free Cup Holder James Anatidae History 1 July 17th 03 03:29 PM