Venus and The Sun!

Old February 8th 04, 06:10 AM
Alan Johnson

Default Venus and The Sun!

Looks like we have a event here, however it's not going to be
visible for long in North America.

SHUCKS! Oh well read the article below. It's going to be a
show for sure!

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclips...venus0412.html

Old February 8th 04, 08:15 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Alan Johnson
writes

Looks like we have a event here, however it's not going to be
visible for long in North America.

SHUCKS! Oh well read the article below. It's going to be a
show for sure!

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclips...venus0412.html

Come to Europe, or if you're feeling adventurous go to Iran or Egypt,
where you're almost guaranteed clear skies!
It won't be as spectacular as a total eclipse, but the amount of history
and heroism surrounding transits of Venus makes it a "must see".
Did you know that there is only _one_ photograph of a transit? I suspect
we are going to beat that by several million!
And if by some mischance I'm clouded out there's another chance in 8
years time. Hawaii, here I come - or Australia, or New Zealand, or...
--
Save the Hubble Space Telescope!
Old February 9th 04, 04:57 PM
Alan Johnson

Yes Jonathan it does carry a lot of esoteric lore in itself!
I cannot afford to travel yet the internet has unbound me to share this
wonder! The Eye of God could be a link here in ancient times!

Best Regards
Keith

Old February 11th 04, 04:18 PM
Carsten A. Arnholm

Alan Johnson wrote:
Looks like we have a event here, however it's not going to
be visible for long in North America.

SHUCKS! Oh well read the article below. It's going to
be a show for sure!

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclips...venus0412.html

I am looking forward to it :-)
http://www.astronomy.no/venus080604.html