NASA / Musk will kill astronauts for a manned outpost on the Moon

Old May 17th 20, 06:30 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Doctor Who[_2_]

Default NASA / Musk will kill astronauts for a manned outpost on the Moon

On 5/17/20 6:30 PM, wrote:
Il giorno domenica 17 maggio 2020 14:21:06 UTC+2, Doctor Who ha scritto:
On 5/17/20 2:09 PM, Sylvia Else wrote:
On 17-May-20 9:41 pm, Doctor Who wrote:
On 5/17/20 12:38 PM, Sylvia Else wrote:
On 17-May-20 6:58 pm, Doctor Who wrote:
On 5/17/20 10:52 AM, Sylvia Else wrote:
On 16-May-20 4:57 pm,
wrote:

NASA/MUSK should stop before starting with the Artemis project
which in my opinion is more dangerous than the space shuttle project.

Since 50 years rocketry is not able to perform manned outposts on
the Moon and Mars for the simple fact that not even 1% of the
Apollo 11 mass returned to earth.

www.asps.it

The space shuttle was a dangerously flawed design that put back US
space travel several decades.

As far as I can see, no one has died during a spaceflight due to
the failure of a liquid fueled rocket. This doesn't mean it can't
happen of course, but it does suggest that the risks are being
managed.

Sylvia.

are you kidding us?

14 astronauts have died.

It helps if you read all of the comment.

Sylvia.

it helps if you stop kidding us.

it helps if you stop contemptuous behavior against pnn.

How can I be contemptuous of something that doesn't exist?

Sylvia.

see? it is your fault if we insult you.

Mr. Who do not get angry and oppose the majority who believe that we will have permanent human outposts on the Moon and Mars with these comic suppositories for giants http://www.asps.it/suppostespaziali.jpg :-)

Okay, I always oppose comic jesters against pnn.

but I have better to do today, maybe even tomorrow.

Old May 18th 20, 12:41 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article , lid
says...

On 16-May-20 4:57 pm,
wrote:

NASA/MUSK should stop before starting with the Artemis project which in my opinion is more dangerous than the space shuttle project.

Since 50 years rocketry is not able to perform manned outposts on the Moon and Mars for the simple fact that not even 1% of the Apollo 11 mass returned to earth.

www.asps.it

The space shuttle was a dangerously flawed design that put back US space
travel several decades.

As far as I can see, no one has died during a spaceflight due to the
failure of a liquid fueled rocket. This doesn't mean it can't happen of
course, but it does suggest that the risks are being managed.

Agreed. And I don't know why the picking on Musk in this case. NASA
funded *three* different landers for this initial design phase. SpaceX
got the lowest award and from what was said by NASA about it, they seem
to acknowledge that lunar Starship is a long shot (in their opinion),
but they simply can't ignore the potential (100+t of payload landed on
the lunar surface in one go).

That huge lunar payload potential seems to be what calmagorod is looking
for (by the message above). But, I blocked that account long ago, so
I'm sure there is some sort of axe to grind. (looks at link without
clicking on it), ah yes, there it is. I remember now. Yeah, that
account is staying in killfile hell for sure. Nothing sane to
contribute here.

Jeff
Old May 18th 20, 12:48 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article , says...

wrote:

NASA/MUSK should stop before starting with the Artemis project which
in my opinion is more dangerous than the space shuttle project.

Since 50 years rocketry is not able to perform manned outposts on the
Moon and Mars for the simple fact that not even 1% of the Apollo 11
mass returned to earth.

www.asps.it

The space shuttle was a dangerously flawed design that put back US space
travel several decades.

As far as I can see, no one has died during a spaceflight due to the
failure of a liquid fueled rocket. This doesn't mean it can't happen of
course, but it does suggest that the risks are being managed.

Sylvia.

are you kidding us?

14 astronauts have died.

And that was due to the side-mounted orbiter in conjunction with the
SRBs. Challenger was lost directly due to the SRBs. Columbia was lost
due to damage caused by the external tank's foam shedding and smashing a
literal hole in the leading edge of the relatively brittle thermal
protection system (i.e. the reinforced carbon-carbon leading edge).

Note that neither disaster completely stopped NASA from flying the
shuttle. After Columbia was lost, the end of the program was clearly in
sight, but that didn't stop NASA from "completing" ISS assembly with the
shuttle. So the risk was still taken.

At any rate, I'd say the loss of Columbia was due more to putting the
orbiter on the side of the external tank rather than on top. That
design deficiency has been eliminated on all launch vehicles going
forward. Instead, they'll all have crew vehicles on top that can escape
failing launch vehicle stages.

Well, all except for Starship, which is both an upper stage and a
spacecraft. Still, NASA will avoid that with lunar Starship by using
SLS/Orion to ferry crew to high lunar orbit (at a cost of a few billion
dollars extra for the SLS/Orion launch). NASA would save a ton of money
by using Dragon 2 to ferry astronauts to lunar Starship while it's still
in LEO, but Congress would have none of that.

Jeff
Old May 18th 20, 01:13 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Dean Markley

On Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 2:57:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
NASA/MUSK should stop before starting with the Artemis project which in my opinion is more dangerous than the space shuttle project.

Since 50 years rocketry is not able to perform manned outposts on the Moon and Mars for the simple fact that not even 1% of the Apollo 11 mass returned to earth.

www.asps.it

Please. You are obviously not going to get any money here for your pipe dreams. So why do you persist in spamming?
Old May 18th 20, 02:17 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Doctor Who[_2_]

On 5/18/20 2:13 PM, Dean Markley wrote:
On Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 2:57:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
NASA/MUSK should stop before starting with the Artemis project which in my opinion is more dangerous than the space shuttle project.

Since 50 years rocketry is not able to perform manned outposts on the Moon and Mars for the simple fact that not even 1% of the Apollo 11 mass returned to earth.

www.asps.it

Please. You are obviously not going to get any money here for your pipe dreams. So why do you persist in spamming?

you are a stupid person.

Old May 18th 20, 02:27 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

From talk.origins

Il giorno lunedì 18 maggio 2020 00:50:01 UTC+2, Wolffan ha scritto:
On 17 May 2020, wrote
(in ):

Il giorno domenica 17 maggio 2020 06:45:02 UTC+2, Bob Casanova ha scritto:
On Sat, 16 May 2020 14:43:10 -0700 (PDT), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by
:

Il giorno sabato 16 maggio 2020 23:30:04 UTC+2, Bob Casanova ha scritto:
On Sat, 16 May 2020 03:51:34 -0700 (PDT), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by
:

I am tired to repeat to everyone what is written in links in
www.asps.it/pnndatabase.htm

If the action reaction is violated (III principle) ..... change the inertia law ( I principle) and F=ma ( II ) .... so all is different from what you think.

I found in test that F=ma increase with time at the same electric power.
You think as newtonian man but but PNN is NON newtonian !!!!!!
It is very difficult to understand if you don't make NON newtonian experiments.

Read here more in
https://www.okpal.com/building-a-rea...space-ship/?#/

This year F432 patent will be filed so everyone can reapeat the PNN experiments.

We don't need more money to produce the collapse of astronautics to suppositories.

We just want to enjoy the spectacle of what will happen when the know-how of the pnn is known :-)