afgrrm weekly statistics (04/02/06)

Old February 4th 06, 09:17 PM posted to alt.fan.grrm,sci.space.policy,alt.war.nuclear

Default afgrrm weekly statistics (04/02/06)

Google in

Any group to see that Herb is an ignorant and rude Luddite who thinks
ISS is high tech.

Old February 5th 06, 02:28 AM posted to alt.fan.grrm,sci.space.policy,alt.war.nuclear

In egroups.com,
bombardmentforce typed:
Google in

Any group to see that Herb is an ignorant and rude Luddite who thinks

Herb? Do you really take time off from maintaining your web site and
posting to Usenet to destroy textile machines? I'm shocked and appalled.

ISS is high tech.

The space station? Some really cutting edge research is being done up
there. ISS is high tech in every possible way.

--
mgraves

Now, I know you're a feminist, and I think that's adorable, but this is
grown-up time and I'm the man.-- Peter Griffin

Old February 5th 06, 02:42 AM posted to alt.fan.grrm,sci.space.policy,alt.war.nuclear

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 20:28:52 -0600, mgraves wrote
(in article ) :

In egroups.com,
bombardmentforce typed:
Google in

Any group to see that Herb is an ignorant and rude Luddite who thinks

Herb? Do you really take time off from maintaining your web site and
posting to Usenet to destroy textile machines? I'm shocked and appalled.

ISS is high tech.

The space station? Some really cutting edge research is being done up
there. ISS is high tech in every possible way.

"Bombardmentfarce" is an idiotic kid who doesn't know technology from
the hole in his ass. He's also jealous because some of the ECLSS
hardware I designed is actually on-orbit an operational in the U.S.
segments of ISS as I type this, unlike his thermonuclear wet-dreams.

--
Herb

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
~ RAH

Old February 5th 06, 03:53 AM posted to alt.fan.grrm,sci.space.policy,alt.war.nuclear

In guy.com,
Herb Schaltegger typed:
[...]

Nice. My interest has pretty much been limited to the Fluids and Combustion
Lab rather than on the station itself, but that's pretty impressive. You
say your hardware is used on the U.S. segments? I had assumed that life
support would be a station-wide integration. Is that a Hamilton or Marshall
contribution (or both)?

Old February 5th 06, 03:55 AM posted to alt.fan.grrm,sci.space.policy,alt.war.nuclear

posting to Usenet to destroy textile machines?

Posting to Usenet to delay our quest for the Frontier by denigrating
good, needed technolgies he doesn't even try to understand..

really cutting edge research

Cite?

jealous ... ECLSS

"ECLSS also manages the storage and. disposal of water and crew waste."

That's it, I'm jealous of your wonderful HVAC and sewage work on a
platform that does only a few man-hours of not very interesting
research a week.

Now the sewage/engine interface on the Orion would have been something
to brag about.

Old February 5th 06, 04:24 AM posted to alt.fan.grrm,sci.space.policy,alt.war.nuclear

cutting edge research is being done up there

"Without a solution to the crew availability problem, and other
limitations in facility access and operations, the ISS can never
achieve the status of a world-class research laboratory"

-National Research Council

Old February 5th 06, 04:55 AM posted to alt.fan.grrm,sci.space.policy,alt.war.nuclear

In egroups.com,
bombardmentforce typed:
posting to Usenet to destroy textile machines?

Posting to Usenet to delay our quest for the Frontier by denigrating
good, needed technolgies he doesn't even try to understand..

Easy, boy, I'm not attacking you yet. Space *is* the Frontier. People
didn't sail to the New World in order to learn about ships and the problems
associated with an extended voyage. By the time the first trans-Atlantic
voyages were made, sailing, ships, and all of the inherent problems were old
hat. At this point, we've done little more than make a few dug-out canoes
and paddle across the English Channel.

really cutting edge research

Cite?

The FTSCE's work with gallium arsenide solar cells for one.

jealous ... ECLSS

"ECLSS also manages the storage and. disposal of water and crew
waste."

That's it, I'm jealous of your wonderful HVAC and sewage work on a
platform that does only a few man-hours of not very interesting
research a week.

I still don't see where you are coming from. Waste is a very serious issue
and experiments that may seem "not very interesting" can be revolutionary.
Remember Archimedes and his bath?

Now the sewage/engine interface on the Orion would have been something
to brag about.

Who can say? There is still the whole ablation/spalling of the pusher
plates yet to be resolved and there is currently no practical way to test
it. One thing is for sure, it would leave a nasty wake. Daedalus might
have some possibilities when technology catches up to it, but still, you may
have a great sail, but it won't do any good if you die from scurvy. The
"not very interesting" experiments must go on.

Old February 5th 06, 04:59 AM posted to alt.fan.grrm,sci.space.policy,alt.war.nuclear

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

"Bombardmentfarce" is an idiotic kid who doesn't know technology from
the hole in his ass.

What really annoys me is that a discussion of the ups and downs of the
Orion space battleship concept would have been a lot of fun, and instead
this jerk pretty much ruined it for us with his whacky ideas that seems
to confuse reality with some sort of fantasy space wargame.

Pat
Old February 5th 06, 05:02 AM posted to alt.fan.grrm,sci.space.policy,alt.war.nuclear

On 4 Feb 2006 19:55:30 -0800, "bombardmentforce"
wrote:

posting to Usenet to destroy textile machines?

Posting to Usenet to delay our quest for the Frontier by denigrating
good, needed technolgies he doesn't even try to understand..

So, how's that dried mucus collection coming?

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"
Old February 5th 06, 05:03 AM posted to alt.fan.grrm,sci.space.policy,alt.war.nuclear

In egroups.com,
bombardmentforce typed:
cutting edge research is being done up there

"Without a solution to the crew availability problem, and other
limitations in facility access and operations, the ISS can never
achieve the status of a world-class research laboratory"

-National Research Council

Oh, don't get me wrong, good research is being done now, but we could be
doing much more. The research that is being conducted currently could be
done on a larger scale with more resources. The problem is that too many
people think that the research is "not very interesting" and don't want to
foot the bill.

OhOh, Say, Can You See? Ed Conrad Misc 6 January 27th 06 08:41 PM
Weekly News Statistics for demon.local: week ending 20 Jan 2006. Double-A Misc 1 January 21st 06 02:04 PM
Weekly News Statistics for demon.local: week ending 13 Jan 2006. Michael Baldwin Bruce Misc 1 January 14th 06 03:30 PM
Weekly News Statistics for demon.local: week ending 7 Oct 2005. [email protected] Misc 1 November 14th 05 02:51 AM
Weekly News Statistics for demon.local: week ending 14 Oct 2005. Art Deco Misc 17 October 30th 05 04:34 AM