Andromeda Galaxy

Old November 26th 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default Andromeda Galaxy

I've always struggled with this object. This capture is a bit lacking
in the red department but is my best attempt so far. It was taken on
the 22nd November using a Skywatcher 80 ED Pro refractor, unguided on
a GP-DX mount using a Canon 20Da DSLR camera.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M31-2005.html

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old November 26th 05, 06:31 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
I've always struggled with this object. This capture is a bit lacking
in the red department but is my best attempt so far. It was taken on
the 22nd November using a Skywatcher 80 ED Pro refractor, unguided on
a GP-DX mount using a Canon 20Da DSLR camera.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M31-2005.html

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Looks good to me. 20Da?? is that a modified cam looking at the a?

Steve
The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

Old November 26th 05, 06:41 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
I've always struggled with this object. This capture is a bit lacking
in the red department but is my best attempt so far. It was taken on
the 22nd November using a Skywatcher 80 ED Pro refractor, unguided on
a GP-DX mount using a Canon 20Da DSLR camera.

Excellent picture.

A few more details eg ISO,exposure time would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Old November 27th 05, 01:48 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:41:12 -0000, "dylan" wrote:

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
.. .
I've always struggled with this object. This capture is a bit lacking
in the red department but is my best attempt so far. It was taken on
the 22nd November using a Skywatcher 80 ED Pro refractor, unguided on
a GP-DX mount using a Canon 20Da DSLR camera.

Excellent picture.

A few more details eg ISO,exposure time would be most welcome.

Hi Dylan,

The shots were all taken using ISO1600: 16x60s, 15x90s and 24x120s
combined with ImagesPlus and tweaked in Photoshop..

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old November 27th 05, 04:33 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Hi Dylan,

The shots were all taken using ISO1600: 16x60s, 15x90s and 24x120s
combined with ImagesPlus and tweaked in Photoshop..

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Thanks Pete, very useful.

Old November 27th 05, 05:49 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Pete - that's a very impressive image. I'm curious ... how much detail
do you see when you observe M31 visually?

Cheers,

Andy.

Old November 28th 05, 12:53 PM
nytecam[_1_] nytecam[_1_] is offline
Senior Member

Location: london-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Lawrence
I've always struggled with this object. This capture is a bit lacking
in the red department but is my best attempt so far. It was taken on
the 22nd November using a Skywatcher 80 ED Pro refractor, unguided on
a GP-DX mount using a Canon 20Da DSLR camera.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M31-2005.html

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk