5" Unitron Photo EQ M-510

Old July 16th 03, 11:12 PM
CHASLX200

Default 5" Unitron Photo EQ M-510

Now that the will is being settled, i will have the money to buy some things i
want!

I'm looking for a model 510 Unitron 5" Photo Equatorial with the field tripod,
i know this is a hard scope to come by. If anyone knows of such a scope for
sale let me know! I will pay a nice finders fee, for this scope...

Chas P.
Old July 17th 03, 01:23 AM
Rod Mollise

5" Photo Equatorial with the field tripod,
i know this is a hard scope to come by. If anyone knows of such a scope for
sale let me know! I will pay a nice finders fee, for this scope...

Chas...Chas...Chas...

It's nice to _think_ about owning one of these. But why not spend your money on
a Bisque Paramount ME and a TEC MCT instead? Based on what people want for 5
and 6 inch Unitrons, you probably won't spend any more money, and I guarantee,
you will be much happier.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old July 17th 03, 03:02 AM
CHASLX200

Subject: 5" Unitron Photo EQ M-510
Date: 7/16/03 5:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time

Old July 17th 03, 03:14 AM
TMBack

Hi Chas,

Now that the will is being settled, i will have the money
to buy some things i want!

What about that big TMB you wanted?

Thomas Back
Old July 17th 03, 05:51 AM
TMBack

Hi Chas,

What happened is we got screwed in the court battle.
So now i am stuck with about 80,000 instead of
$750,000.

Sorry to hear that, that's quite a difference. Good luck
on the 5" Unitron.

Thomas Back
Old July 17th 03, 09:13 AM
Doug Peterson

I saw one a couple years ago on display in the lobby of the
planetarium on the grounds of the Air Force Academy in Colorado.
Apparently used as a solar telescope. Very impressive! Of course the
public is no longer allowed on the base as a result of 9/11.
Old July 17th 03, 02:05 PM
Jb2269

Chas,
I have no personal knowledge of the scope you are set on buying and could
not recognize it but there was a large unitron on a ~5 ft pier on display at a
telescope wholesaler in CT. It had huge setting circle rings on a GEM mount.
The dealers name is Pauli. I think he still advertizes in S&T. I think the
scope came out of a school.
Good luck on your quest.
Bill Bambrick
41 N, 73 W, 95 ASL