celestia: good tool but...

Old May 1st 09, 07:00 PM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

Default celestia: good tool but...

Hi, I am trying to use "celestia" a free very good planitarium for
simulations.
My question: is it possible to use an absolute reference system?
I centered on sun north pole, but the sun rotates, so I don't see what
I expected :-(
is it possible to center on an object e.g. external to solaris system
that doesn't move, doesn't rotates and so on...
thanks in advance for your suggestions
Marco

Anyone use Celestia? Jay Swartzfeger Amateur Astronomy 13 November 11th 05 01:47 AM
Celestia James Coates UK Astronomy 6 May 21st 05 08:04 PM
Celestia+SP2=da bomb Ioannis Amateur Astronomy 10 April 5th 05 04:32 PM
Celestia Ioannis Amateur Astronomy 4 March 21st 05 01:53 AM
Celestia Michael Hearne Misc 1 December 23rd 04 11:46 AM