Our early solar system

Old October 1st 07, 05:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
AM[_2_]

Default Our early solar system

http://www.solstation.com/stars/fom2ring.jpg

Old October 1st 07, 06:04 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36

On Oct 1, 5:46 pm, "AM" wrote:
http://www.solstation.com/stars/fom2ring.jpg

Ah,you kids will never get it.

You forget the Sun has a forward motion in one direction about the
galactic axis and this is reason alone to revist Keplerian orbital
geometries.

Oh,I forgot,you have problems with basic axial rotation let alone
galactic orbital motions.

BTW,did you not like the excellent video of what a transit of Venus
actually is ?,you never responded in that post -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thBSD...elated&search=

Old October 2nd 07, 12:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Michael Sisson[_2_]

In article 6w9Mi.114227$Pd4.77852@edtnps82, says...
http://www.solstation.com/stars/fom2ring.jpg

Ok, that's creepy. I just posted a Lord of the Rings reference in the
"Bad Decision Regarding a Jiga-watt Handheld Laser" thread and now this.

If that ^^ picture in the link up there doesn't look like that vv
picture in the link down there, I'll eat my hat. And I only own two
hats. Both baseball caps. And one is sweaty from work.

http://mrsisson.myhosting.net/pics/eye_of_sauron.jpg

MRSisson
--
LOAD "GPL",8

SEARCHING FOR GPL
READY.
RUN
Old October 2nd 07, 12:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Eric[_3_]

Michael Sisson wrote:

In article 6w9Mi.114227$Pd4.77852@edtnps82, says...
http://www.solstation.com/stars/fom2ring.jpg

Ok, that's creepy. I just posted a Lord of the Rings reference in the
"Bad Decision Regarding a Jiga-watt Handheld Laser" thread and now this.

If that ^^ picture in the link up there doesn't look like that vv
picture in the link down there, I'll eat my hat. And I only own two
hats. Both baseball caps. And one is sweaty from work.

http://mrsisson.myhosting.net/pics/eye_of_sauron.jpg

MRSisson

I assume its pitcure from the book or something? they probably based it off
the real astro picture in the upper link. I tried to read Lord of the Rings
once, I don't know what all the fuss is about it, i was bored out of my
skull and quit by about page 50 or so. Like watching grass grow. For me I
much prefer good fast paced action like in Eric Harry's "Arclight" Once i
started reading that i couldn't put it down - excellent book, wish they
would make it into a movie.
Eric

Old October 2nd 07, 09:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Harry F. Leopold

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 18:09:15 -0500, Michael Sisson wrote
(in article ):

In article 6w9Mi.114227$Pd4.77852@edtnps82, says...
http://www.solstation.com/stars/fom2ring.jpg

Ok, that's creepy. I just posted a Lord of the Rings reference in the
"Bad Decision Regarding a Jiga-watt Handheld Laser" thread and now this.

If that ^^ picture in the link up there doesn't look like that vv
picture in the link down there, I'll eat my hat. And I only own two
hats. Both baseball caps. And one is sweaty from work.

http://mrsisson.myhosting.net/pics/eye_of_sauron.jpg

As I understand it that "cat-eye pupil" in the solstation.com link is the
mask that covers the star so that the ring can be seen, instead of just a lot
of glare. The mask looks to be a diamond shape so that it blocks the maximum
light where the star is, and blocks the least where the ring was expected to
be.

--
Harry F. Leopold
aa #2076

"We used to be afraid of comets. Now it's their turn." The Register

Old October 3rd 07, 10:31 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Odysseus[_1_]

In article ,
Eric wrote:

Michael Sisson wrote:

In article 6w9Mi.114227$Pd4.77852@edtnps82, says...
http://www.solstation.com/stars/fom2ring.jpg

snip

http://mrsisson.myhosting.net/pics/eye_of_sauron.jpg

I assume its pitcure from the book or something?

No, it's from the Peter Jackson movies or an associated product.

--
Odysseus
Old October 3rd 07, 01:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
AM[_2_]

http://mrsisson.myhosting.net/pics/eye_of_sauron.jpg

LOL !