Brown Dwarfs ???

Old June 22nd 07, 04:45 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Scott Miller

Default Brown Dwarfs ???

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Scott Dell red is still red. astronomers call it brown,and thus "brown
dwarfs" for obvious reasons bert

They call it brown because that is the color it would be to the human
eye. It's output at the red part of the spectrum is much less than in
the infrared.
Old June 22nd 07, 12:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Tom K I'm thinking it came out with a great mass but not great enough.
Close but no cigars. bert

Old June 24th 07, 10:29 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Tom Kerr

In article , (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Tom K I'm thinking it came out with a great mass but not great enough.
Close but no cigars. bert

I still don't get it. You said:

"Tom K thanks for that site. It shows my thinking was close to what a
brown dwarf is. It is more like a gas planet that came out of a nebula
whose area was not dense enough to give it more mass [...]."

That site:

http://outreach.jach.hawaii.edu/pres...arf/index.html

doesn't offer any support to what you wrote, and what you just posted is a
complete non sequiter. Maybe I'm missing something, but could you please
point out what part of the article supports your claim?
Old June 24th 07, 11:25 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Tom K Brown Dwarf are created in nebula in its area of the cloud that is
less dense. They are 15 times more dense that areas that create large
gas planets (like Jupiter) That article touched on this but did not
mention the nebula features that created them as I have just done.
Had our nebula where are Sun was created had in its area greater gas and
particle density it would have made it possible for Jupiter to be a
star,and we would have a binary star system.. All this begs the
question. Are there more failed stars,brown dwarfs,rock planets and gas
planets in the universe than stars by a factor of 1,000 to one? bert

Old June 24th 07, 12:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Tom Kerr

In article , (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Tom K Brown Dwarf are created in nebula in its area of the cloud that is
less dense.

Cite, please, or provide evidence.

They are 15 times more dense that areas that create large
gas planets (like Jupiter)

Some data to back this up would be nice, and an argument against the known
data that shows you're talking complete ******** would also be nice.

That article touched on this but did not
mention the nebula features that created them as I have just done.

Where did the article touch on this? Free clue - I know a bit more than
you about the telescope and instrument that produced the data. Please
don't try to bull**** me on this one.

Had our nebula where are Sun was created had in its area greater gas and
particle density it would have made it possible for Jupiter to be a
star,and we would have a binary star system..

Cite, please, or providence evidence.

All this begs the
question. Are there more failed stars,brown dwarfs,rock planets and gas
planets in the universe than stars by a factor of 1,000 to one? bert

What begs the question? You're completely unable to quote any part of the
article that supports your claim. How on earth do you think what you
posted begs any question at all?

Old June 24th 07, 01:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Tom K It is not just my thinking(which you are at odds with) It is
written that some of the "dark matter" in the universe exists in the
form of "brown dwarfs" It is written that brown dwarfs are objects that
q are massive,but not massive enough to create fusion(need more heat and
pressure) That is how I see brown dwarfs. I blame this condition on the
nebula. as I posted. Not all nebulas are the same. Not all
areas inside nebula's have the same density. This hits well with my
theory that nebula's have great vortexes taking place(like Jupiter red
eye) Where there is a vortex a star will form It fits bert

Old June 24th 07, 02:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Tom K I can compare my Nebula vortexes to Jupiter's eye,but they are as
large as our observable solar system. Can't leave that out. bert

Old June 25th 07, 05:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jun 12, 2:19 pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
They are not a planet. They are not a star What is the best
definition used to describe them? Is Jupiter a brown dwarf? It does not
look brown. Black dwarfs are a white dwarf that has cooled to a point
it no longer gives off heat(I think???) Bert

a 2X Jupiter could become a proto brown dwarf, and life sustaining to
it's moons.

a 4X Jupiter might even start to glow in the dark.
-
Brad Guth

Old June 25th 07, 01:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
studio

On Jun 24, 6:25 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Are there more failed stars,brown dwarfs,rock planets and gas
planets in the universe than stars by a factor of 1,000 to one?

I could be wrong, but from what I understand, astronomers believe
there
are hundreds, if not thousands of unseen and undocumented brown
drawfs within 20ly of us.

I'd like to know what is the farthest away brown drawf detected so
far?
And when a more extensive mapping of all nearby faint stars may take
place?

Do Brown Dwarfs Pulsate Like Cepheids? Magnificent Universe Amateur Astronomy 0 February 13th 05 07:31 PM
Brown Dwarfs Double-A Misc 16 February 12th 05 05:29 AM
Do Brown Dwarfs Pulsate? Magnificent Universe Astronomy Misc 0 February 12th 05 01:45 AM
Brown Dwarfs G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 12 February 9th 05 12:38 PM
Brown Dwarfs ??? David Knisely Misc 0 August 15th 03 06:04 AM