Explain this please about Mars pics

Old July 19th 03, 05:57 PM
Pete Lawrence

Default Explain this please about Mars pics

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:40:06 GMT, Phil Wheeler
wrote:

Pete Lawrence wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 13:23:15 GMT, Phil Wheeler
wrote:

The basic arrangement is displayed here...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawre...icoupling.html

Very nice and totally clear graphic: Thanks!

You're very welcome.

One thing I haven't shown is that the eye-lens of the eyepiece should
be as close as possible to the camera's lens.

--
Pete
Homepage at http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old July 20th 03, 09:28 PM
Smallboat

Thanks for the wonderful pics. I was observing last night and althought
I have Mars software, your picture helped me confirm what I saw. -
Barbara

Pete Lawrence wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:57:16 GMT, "Mick" wrote:

Hi.

I don't understand and never have..how this picture taken with an
F9 102 and a 20mm EP...how come the image is so large??
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Even with a 2X barlow the Mag isn't even 100X's...

Mars last night after preliminary processing. Details to follow via
my website. 519 frames stacked and aligned.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawre.../P7190003a.jpg

Ok Mick here are the examples (image dimensions as they would be
directly out of the camera, JPG'd down to about 50k each)...

All carried out with my Vixen FL-102 apo, Oly C-2100uz and a 20mm
Lanthanum eyepiece.

No zoom, no Barlow
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawre...ple/Zx1Bx0.jpg

10x zoom, no Barlow
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawre...le/Zx10Bx0.jpg

No zoom, 2x Barlow
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawre...ple/Zx1Bx2.jpg

10x zoom, 2x Barlow
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawre...le/Zx10Bx2.jpg

Actually, now you come to mention it, looking at the last image, there
is something odd going on optically here. I have no idea why - anyone
else care to comment?

At the moment I'm so tired, all I care abou is that it works ;-) !