Worthy of survival

Old October 13th 06, 10:51 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.battlestar-galactica,alt.tv.firefly,alt.fan.tom-servo
Citizen Bob

Default Worthy of survival

On 13 Oct 2006 11:06:08 -0700, "Eric Chomko"
wrote:

Not strictly. It is also a means to identify who has the skills in
order to do something. Would you have your teeth pulled by a dentist
that wasn't licensed? I wouldn't!

Have you checked the state certification website to see if your
dentist has been cited for malpractice?

If not, then your dentist could be worse than someone who is not a
dentist.

--

Govt is an insult to human dignity. With or without govt,
you would have good people doing good things and evil
Old October 13th 06, 10:51 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.tv.star-trek.tos,alt.battlestar-galactica,alt.tv.firefly
Fred J. McCall

Bob Kolker wrote:

:Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
:
: And we can end our story with "... and we have met the enemy, and he
: is us."
:
:And we will be alive to say. They will be dead.

No, Bob. They will be us. We will have extinguished ourselves in
order to 'win' and by doing so we hand the victory to them.

--
"I've seen things so horrible you can't imagine them. And done things
I wouldn't want you to."
Old October 13th 06, 10:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.battlestar-galactica,alt.tv.firefly,alt.fan.tom-servo
Citizen Bob

On 13 Oct 2006 11:11:22 -0700, "Eric Chomko"
wrote:

But given your attitude appears
to seem much like there's with their calls of "allah abkabar" and "kill
the infidels", you would have made a fine Muslim terrorist. I just
wonder if you have the guts to blow yourself up for the greater good.

That is so stupid it is not worthy of comment.

Old October 13th 06, 10:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.battlestar-galactica,alt.tv.firefly,alt.fan.tom-servo
Bob Kolker

David Johnston wrote:

The part about raising taxes is in the preamble? Oh well. I don't
care enough to look.

There is not one word about taxes in the preamble.

Bob Kolker

Old October 13th 06, 10:54 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.battlestar-galactica,alt.tv.firefly,alt.fan.tom-servo
Citizen Bob

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:56:04 -0500, Bob Kolker
wrote:

The rovers on Mars now are like Lewis and Clark 200 years ago in the
US. Surely, Lewis and Clark's explorations had military value? Or do
you think they were thrill seekers and adventurers not worth spending
the govt. dime on?

Jefferson had no Constutitional authority to fund L and C with tax
revenues. He also did not have any Constitutional authority to buy the
Louisian Territory from the French either. But Congress gave him a pass
on that.

Look at the powers of Congress listed in Article I. You will not see
funding exploration there. Not a word.

"promote the general Welfare"

Old October 13th 06, 10:55 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.battlestar-galactica,alt.tv.firefly,alt.fan.tom-servo
Citizen Bob

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:57:50 -0500, Bob Kolker
wrote:

Read the 10th amendment very carefuly. Any powers not specifically
granted to the central government are reserved to the States and the
People.

Read the 14th amendment very carefully. The federal govt trumped the
10th amendment.

Old October 13th 06, 10:56 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.tv.star-trek.tos,alt.battlestar-galactica,alt.tv.firefly
Citizen Bob

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:01:08 -0500, Bob Kolker
wrote:

Indeed! Hiroshima and Nagasaki were inhabitable and rebuildable within a
year of the bombibns in 1945. There was a higher than normal cancer
rate, but life went on somehow.

The bombs were not nearly as dirty as modern bombs.

Old October 13th 06, 10:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.battlestar-galactica,alt.tv.firefly,alt.fan.tom-servo
Citizen Bob

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:36:14 -0500, Bob Kolker
wrote:

There is nothing in the Constutition
that empowers Congress to fund highways.

Old October 13th 06, 10:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.battlestar-galactica,alt.tv.firefly,alt.fan.tom-servo
Bob Kolker

Eric Chomko wrote:

But he did it anyway and no can argue that it wasn't a good a useful
thing. Just like John Welsey Powell in the Grand Canyon.

That said, is there anywhere in the Constitution that says that we
should have national parks? Maybe Teddy Roosevelt's push for national
parks was unconstitutional?

It was.

He also did not have any Constitutional authority to buy the
Louisian Territory from the French either. But Congress gave him a pass
on that.

And all for the good. I guess it just proves that the Constitution has
limits into what it does for the common good. Sort of like your
limitations thinking that every damn thing must be judged based upon
the Constitution

Look at the powers of Congress listed in Article I. You will not see
funding exploration there. Not a word.

So what Bob? There isn't anything in the Constitution that says that
everything the government does must pass a constitutional test.

That is exactly what the 10th amendment says.

By your way of thinking FEMA is unconstitutional.