Worst Toronto weather since 1985-86 at this time

Old January 2nd 06, 08:21 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Worst Toronto weather since 1985-86 at this time

Solid cloud, with a smattering of clear over the course of 25 days.
Reminds me of waiting days to cloud-dodge and see Halley's comet.
-Rich
Old January 2nd 06, 09:08 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Rich" wrote in message
Solid cloud, with a smattering of clear over the course of 25 days.
Reminds me of waiting days to cloud-dodge and see Halley's comet.
-Rich

Not much different here in the NEUS. I'm hanging on by a mere thread at
this point.

Too little ROI. I may just have to go back to sleeping 8 hours on a regular
basis.

Old January 2nd 06, 11:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Commiserations guys!
Here in England, we have more dynamic weather. The belief is that
it's always raining. Well, not actually. We are having a pretty dry
winter with periods of cloudy dank followed with clear bracing. Just
the right rythm to have a few nights observing followed by a few nights
of data reduction (ie. a comfortable bed).

Remember the old adage: good things come to those who wait....

Pierre MK-UK

Old January 3rd 06, 09:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Well out temp is due fall to around -10 C by Friday which should mean
some clear.
But we usually get that at a full moon!

Old January 4th 06, 04:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Rich" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well out temp is due fall to around -10 C by Friday which should mean
some clear.
But we usually get that at a full moon!

Yep. One reason I often think a nice 4.5" ~ 5" F7-ish apo is all I really
need.

I have been doing a lot more lunar observing of late. Maybe I'll dust off
the ToUcam and go for some crater shots with the C9.25.