SRB separation video links

Old July 31st 05, 01:07 PM
Michael Shaffer

Default SRB separation video links

Enjoy,

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1a.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1b.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s2a.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s2b.mov
Old July 31st 05, 03:23 PM

Michael Shaffer wrote:
Enjoy,

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1a.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1b.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s2a.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s2b.mov

Hmmm. Are the non-parachute links from STS-114? If so, the large
intertank door (or cover) is already missing at SRB sep, and no concave
SRB panel appears to fly off at that time. Thus s1b and s2b seem
inconsistent with previously released optics from NASA.

That's not surprising though. Except for what we saw live, the
previously released optics seemed inconsistent also.

Challenger's Ghost

Old July 31st 05, 03:25 PM
Michael Shaffer

Michael Shaffer wrote:

Enjoy,

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1a.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1b.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s2a.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s2b.mov

Hmmm. Are the non-parachute links from STS-114? If so, the large
intertank door (or cover) is already missing at SRB sep, and no concave
SRB panel appears to fly off at that time. Thus s1b and s2b seem
inconsistent with previously released optics from NASA.

That's not surprising though. Except for what we saw live, the
previously released optics seemed inconsistent also.

Challenger's Ghost

These are the ones from spaceflightnow.com
Old July 31st 05, 07:52 PM
C.P Kurz

Michael Shaffer schrieb:
Enjoy,

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1a.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1b.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s2a.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s2b.mov

WOW!

- Carsten
Old July 31st 05, 08:52 PM
C.P Kurz

Michael Shaffer schrieb:

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1b.mov

Again, thanks for these links. Can you please check s1b.mov? This seems to be
corrupted.

- Carsten
Old July 31st 05, 09:04 PM
Michael Shaffer

Michael Shaffer wrote:
Enjoy,

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1a.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1b.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s2a.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s2b.mov

If these are corrupted just email me and I'll send you them that way.
Something is wrong with my webspace, I tried everything I know how but
they still get corrupted.
Old July 31st 05, 09:32 PM

Michael Shaffer wrote:
Michael Shaffer wrote:
Enjoy,

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1a.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1b.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s2a.mov
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s2b.mov

If these are corrupted just email me and I'll send you them that way.
Something is wrong with my webspace, I tried everything I know how but
they still get corrupted.

For me, s1a is corrupted. My Email address is .
Thanks in advance.

Challenger's Ghost

Old July 31st 05, 10:01 PM
Dan Foster

In article , C.P Kurz
wrote:
Michael Shaffer schrieb:

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/s1b.mov

Again, thanks for these links. Can you please check s1b.mov? This
seems to be corrupted.

I saw the same problem, too.

Michael Shaffer very kindly sent me all 4 files in email, so I have
posted them at:

ftp://ftp.globalcrossing.net/pub/users/dsf/s1a.mov
ftp://ftp.globalcrossing.net/pub/users/dsf/s1b.mov
ftp://ftp.globalcrossing.net/pub/users/dsf/s2a.mov
ftp://ftp.globalcrossing.net/pub/users/dsf/s2a.mov

(It's on a high bandwidth server.)

I have already checked to make sure that s1b.mov now works.

These are great movies, that's for sure. :-)

-Dan
Old July 31st 05, 11:04 PM
Dan Foster

In article , Dan Foster wrote:

ftp://ftp.globalcrossing.net/pub/users/dsf/s1a.mov
ftp://ftp.globalcrossing.net/pub/users/dsf/s1b.mov
ftp://ftp.globalcrossing.net/pub/users/dsf/s2a.mov
ftp://ftp.globalcrossing.net/pub/users/dsf/s2a.mov

Ahh, I understand they're SpaceFlightNow.com's.

Since they own the copyright to the videos, and has requested removal, I
have honored their request.

One can still download them, but will need to head on over to their
website to fetch them.

-Dan
Old August 1st 05, 04:33 AM
Ted

Dan Foster wrote:

Ahh, I understand they're SpaceFlightNow.com's.

Since they own the copyright to the videos, and has requested removal, I
have honored their request.

Where did the videos originate from? If the are NASA video (and it's hard to imagine they aren't
seeing as they were shot from a NASA rocket), then I'm a bit confused about how some website
could assume a copyright to them. The federal government is not permitted to copyright its own
works either. (State governments can if they want).