NASA: "possible" we "could" make some "progress" on CAIB recommendations

Old January 28th 05, 04:52 PM
Jim Oberg

Default NASA: "possible" we "could" make some "progress" on CAIB recommendations

http://returntoflight.org/assets/pdf...01-28-2005.pdf

"NASA has not interpreted the CAIB recommendations to be a checklist,

but rather has in many cases undertaken activities that far exceeded the
intent of CAIB.

In other instances, technological and other barriers have thus far prevented
the kind of progress

CAIB had hoped for, and NASA has striven for. Taken together, the RTF TG
believes

it is entirely possible NASA will be able to make sufficient progress on the
CAIB recommendations

before their current launch date."

Old January 29th 05, 04:08 AM
Terrell Miller

Jim Oberg wrote:

it is entirely possible NASA will be able to make sufficient progress on the
CAIB recommendations

before their current launch date."

yep, here we go again. NASA's just gambling that the STS manifest will
fly itself out before the next Bad Day is due to arrive.

--
Terrell Miller

"Every gardener knows nature's random cruelty"
-Paul Simon George Harrison
Old January 29th 05, 04:45 PM
bob haller

yep, here we go again. NASA's just gambling that the STS manifest will
fly itself out before the next Bad Day is due to arrive.

--
Terrell Miller

exactly, flying is more important than mereting the safety rules
..
..
End the dangerous wasteful shuttle now before it kills any more astronauts....
Old January 30th 05, 08:14 PM
LewBob

"Jim Oberg" wrote in message
http://returntoflight.org/assets/pdf...01-28-2005.pdf
... it is entirely possible NASA will be able to make sufficient progress
on the
CAIB recommendations before their current launch date."

So interpret this for me, Jim. Are you giving odds on the May-June launch
window?

Lew
Dolores, Colorado

Old February 1st 05, 10:06 AM
Derek Lyons

Terrell Miller wrote:
Jim Oberg wrote:

it is entirely possible NASA will be able to make sufficient progress on the
CAIB recommendations before their current launch date."

yep, here we go again. NASA's just gambling that the STS manifest will
fly itself out before the next Bad Day is due to arrive.

No matter how much they spend, each and every single flight is such a
gamble. Spending $MEGABUCKS or $KILOTIME tilts the odds a little, but
doesn't remove the dice roll.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old February 1st 05, 03:39 PM
kert

Jim Oberg wrote:
http://returntoflight.org/assets/pdf...01-28-2005.pdf

"NASA has not interpreted the CAIB recommendations to be a checklist,
but rather has in many cases undertaken activities that far exceeded

the
intent of CAIB.
In other instances, technological and other barriers have thus far

prevented
the kind of progress
CAIB had hoped for, and NASA has striven for.

another quote:
"O'Keefe made a point of speaking in short, declarative sentences when
he brought up the issue of NASA's compliance with the CAIB's
recommendations, stating there would "be no discussion" and that all
recommendations would be implemented "to the letter." "
src: http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewnews.html?id=915
so, what was this all about ?

-kert

Old February 2nd 05, 03:55 PM
steve podleski

"kert" wrote in message

another quote:
"O'Keefe made a point of speaking in short, declarative sentences ...

That must have been very difficult for O'Keefe, since O'Keefe speaks in
sentences that are paragraphs long if not a page :-)

Pres. Kerry's NASA ed kyle Policy 354 March 11th 04 07:05 PM
Selected Restricted NASA Videotapes Michael Ravnitzky Space Shuttle 5 January 16th 04 04:28 PM
NASA's year of sorrow, recovery, progress and success Jacques van Oene Space Shuttle 0 December 31st 03 07:28 PM
NASA: Gases Breached Wing of Shuttle Atlantis in 2000 Rusty Barton Space Shuttle 2 July 10th 03 01:27 AM