Telescope Manufacturer Merger Announcement

Old April 1st 04, 07:18 AM
Public Affairs

Default Telescope Manufacturer Merger Announcement

3/31/2004
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Takahashi Seisakusho of Tokyo, Japan is pleased to announce
that it has acquired the assets of Unitron, Inc. of Bohemia, NY.
Unitron refractors are legendary for high performance in
an air-spaced doublet achromat.

With the merger of Takahashi and Unitron, we are releasing
a new line of high-performance long focus apochromatic
refractors. The new product line will be called either
Takatron or Unihashi pending final agreement.

Our first telescope in this new line, expected to reach
dealers by late summer, is a 102mm f/16 fluorite triplet
which will be so color-free that it will be superior
to even a Newtonian reflector in freedom from chromatic
abberation.

Old April 1st 04, 08:31 AM
jerry warner

Public Affairs wrote:

3/31/2004
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Takahashi Seisakusho of Tokyo, Japan is pleased to announce
that it has acquired the assets of Unitron, Inc. of Bohemia, NY.
Unitron refractors are legendary for high performance in
an air-spaced doublet achromat.

With the merger of Takahashi and Unitron, we are releasing
a new line of high-performance long focus apochromatic
refractors. The new product line will be called either
Takatron or Unihashi pending final agreement.

Our first telescope in this new line, expected to reach
dealers by late summer, is a 102mm f/16 fluorite triplet
which will be so color-free that it will be superior
to even a Newtonian reflector in freedom from chromatic
abberation.

I'm sure you meant: Aberbation. Aberration is spelled: aberration.

What did the Ole Prospector say when he found Shawn Grants corpse at the

bottom of the Grand Canyon? "aflak"!

Jerry

Old April 1st 04, 03:18 PM
Bob Schmall

"Public Affairs" wrote in message
3/31/2004
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Takahashi Seisakusho of Tokyo, Japan is pleased to announce
that it has acquired the assets of Unitron, Inc. of Bohemia, NY.
Unitron refractors are legendary for high performance in
an air-spaced doublet achromat.

With the merger of Takahashi and Unitron, we are releasing
a new line of high-performance long focus apochromatic
refractors. The new product line will be called either
Takatron or Unihashi pending final agreement.

Our first telescope in this new line, expected to reach
dealers by late summer, is a 102mm f/16 fluorite triplet
which will be so color-free that it will be superior
to even a Newtonian reflector in freedom from chromatic
abberation.

4-1-04
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE.

The two largest manufacturers of telescopes in the United States announced
today that negotiations for their merger have been suspended. Celestron
International and Meade Instruments said in a joint press release that they
cannot agree on a name for the new company. Both expressed reservations
about "Mestron," previously the leading candidate.
A board member who wished to remain anonymous said that the two companies
also could not agree on standard sizing for their telescopes, which are now
available in 2, 2.4, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.25, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.25, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16
and 20 inch diameters. "We felt that adding 13, 15, 17, 18, and 19 inch
scopes was overkill, and neither company would agree to drop anything from
their lines," said the source.

Old April 1st 04, 03:30 PM
Rod Mollise

Public Affairs wrote in message ...

With the merger of Takahashi and Unitron, we are releasing
a new line of high-performance long focus apochromatic
refractors. The new product line will be called either
Takatron or Unihashi pending final agreement.

How about just "Tacky"? ;-)

Old April 1st 04, 03:39 PM
Yuri

Public Affairs wrote in message ...
The new product line will be called either
Takatron or Unihashi pending final agreement.

Our first telescope in this new line, expected to reach
dealers by late summer, is a 102mm f/16 fluorite triplet
which will be so color-free that it will be superior
to even a Newtonian reflector in freedom from chromatic
abberation.

I vote for Unihashi !
And it will be tough to do color correction with given f/ratio better
than in Newtonians, that have min colors.
Yuri

Old April 2nd 04, 07:43 AM
jerry warner

No, it must be Unihashi, samma.