CEV to be made commercially available

Old November 23rd 05, 07:51 AM posted to sci.space.history

Default CEV to be made commercially available

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:02:06 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

OM wrote:

...And a noble act without question that needs to be repeated upon
similar targets at every opportunity!

Notice he hit him _left-handed_; is Buzz a southpaw?

....You know, when you think about which way the LM hatch opened
inwards, perhaps there was yet another mitigating circumstance as to
why Neil got out first :-P

OM
--
]=======================================[
OMBlog - http://www.io.com/~o_m/omworld
Old November 23rd 05, 08:56 AM posted to sci.space.history

OM wrote:

...You know, when you think about which way the LM hatch opened
inwards, perhaps there was yet another mitigating circumstance as to
why Neil got out first :-P

Yeah, but on a Gemini, it means he can operate the center control stick
with ease if he is in the copilot seat.

Pat
Old November 23rd 05, 01:41 PM posted to sci.space.history

snidely wrote:

Scott Lowther wrote:
[...]

Howard who? Jed what? Remember... we're talking about the under 20 crowd
*today.* Lucky if they know who the President is.

Sure they do, Condoleeza Rice.

Come late January 2009, one can only hope.

But while we're on about reading comprehension, I specified under 40,
not under 20.

Do not confuse "reading comprehension" with "remembering a minor detail
in a post I'd read some hours earlier."

--
"The only thing that galls me about someone burning the American flag is how unoriginal it is. I mean if you're going to pull the Freedom-of-speech card, don't be a hack, come up with something interesting. Fashion Old Glory into a wisecracking puppet and blister the system with a scathing ventriloquism act, or better yet, drape the flag over your head and desecrate it with a large caliber bullet hole." Dennis Miller
Old November 23rd 05, 01:42 PM posted to sci.space.history

wrote:

OM wrote:

...And a noble act without question that needs to be repeated upon
similar targets at every opportunity!

Notice he hit him _left-handed_; is Buzz a southpaw?

...You know, when you think about which way the LM hatch opened
inwards, perhaps there was yet another mitigating circumstance as to
why Neil got out first :-P

OM

The video was mirrored for some reason. There a backwards sign visible
in frame somewhere.

Old November 23rd 05, 08:50 PM posted to sci.space.history

Scott Lowther wrote:

The video was mirrored for some reason. There a backwards sign visible
in frame somewhere.

Yeah? A LIKELY STORY! Buzz REALLY IS LEFT-HANDED....the way MOST
ALIEN-GRAY HYBRIDS are LEFT-HANDED!!! The way YOU are PROBABLY
LEFT-HANDED! :-P

Pat
Old November 24th 05, 03:59 AM posted to sci.space.history

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:50:11 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Yeah? A LIKELY STORY! Buzz REALLY IS LEFT-HANDED....the way MOST
ALIEN-GRAY HYBRIDS are LEFT-HANDED!!! The way YOU are PROBABLY
LEFT-HANDED! :-P

....Better check again. Only his right palm is hairy.

OM
--
]=======================================[
Old November 25th 05, 04:01 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 24 Nov 2005 16:43:19 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave
O'Neill" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Here's your problem: the public tends to identify more with astronauts
than bajillionaires.

What difference does it make whether or not the public identifies with
bajillionaires?

Simple: the claim here was that people don't care about astronauts,
they care about "personal space travel." "PST" is all about
bajillionaires, and will be for a while. But astronauts... people like.

Again, so what? People do care about personal space travel, if
they're the ones personally space traveling. Those who can afford it
will do so

snip

Half of those who can afford it *might* do so. At least according to
Futron.

We're fans, we really do mistake the rest of the world for having our
interests far too much.

This is a really stupid argument, as I told you on my blog. I don't
know why you continue to repeat it, unless you just like to make
yourself look like a fool on the internet. Of course not everyone who
can afford it will do so. But those who can afford to do so, and want
to do so, will. And Scott's point remains pointless.
Old November 25th 05, 02:56 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Rand Simberg wrote:
[...]

ANd you were wrong there too.

I don't
know why you continue to repeat it, unless you just like to make
yourself look like a fool on the internet.

Pot. Kettle. Etc...

Of course not everyone who
can afford it will do so. But those who can afford to do so, and want
to do so, will.

And that's not the point I was making.

You really are becomming a broken record Rand.

Dave