The worm is back!

Old April 6th 20, 03:06 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default The worm is back!

On 2020-04-02 13:18, Jeff Findley wrote:
The worm is back!

I thought it was called "the meatball" ?

The meatball had replaced the worm. The meatball is out. The worm is back.

Alain Fournier

That's not quite true. The worm (70's), replaced the meatball (50's),
which replaced the worm (90's?) which replaced the meatball (now).

(eye-roll)

Dave
Old April 12th 20, 08:54 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article , says...

On 2020-04-05 10:59 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah, my MicroPlanet Gravity newsreader doesn't allow me to type in, or
paste in, lines that are over 80 columns. When I'm quoting, it will
warn me that the quoted area is over 80 columns, but it will still allow
me to post it. It's weird like that.

Jeff

Just FYI in Thunderbird all you have to do is paste a link as a
quotation and it won't auto-wrap it.

I'll certainly need to look at Thunderbird, because I don't want to pay
for the higest tier of Office just to get a decent email reader (that
stores messages locally) for Win10. Right now, I'm still using a Win7
box for email and News.

Jeff
Old April 13th 20, 02:10 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

In article , says...

On 2020-04-05 10:59 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah, my MicroPlanet Gravity newsreader doesn't allow me to type in, or
paste in, lines that are over 80 columns. When I'm quoting, it will
warn me that the quoted area is over 80 columns, but it will still
allow
me to post it. It's weird like that.

Jeff

Just FYI in Thunderbird all you have to do is paste a link as a
quotation and it won't auto-wrap it.

I'll certainly need to look at Thunderbird, because I don't want to pay
for the higest tier of Office just to get a decent email reader (that
stores messages locally) for Win10. Right now, I'm still using a Win7
box for email and News.

I will use a copy of Windows Live Mail that I think is still in Windows 10
or can be downloaded.
But then use WLMQuoteFix.exe to fix up quoting.

I haven't tried Thunderbird.

Jeff

IT Disaster Response -
https://www.amazon.com/Disaster-Resp...dp/1484221834/

Old April 15th 20, 10:13 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

On 2020-04-12 3:54 PM, Jeff Findley wrote:

I'll certainly need to look at Thunderbird, because I don't want to pay
for the higest tier of Office just to get a decent email reader (that
stores messages locally) for Win10. Right now, I'm still using a Win7
box for email and News.

So am I. They can take Win7 Pro away from me when they can pry it from
my cold dead hands.

Dave

Old April 15th 20, 10:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

On 2020-04-12 9:10 PM, Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:

I haven't tried Thunderbird.

I used to use Gnus under Emacs and Linux and might still go back to that
someday. But being able to one-click links is a big plus. Maybe that is
also supported now in Gnus, it has been that long since I last used it!

Compared to Gnus, Thunderbird is...... mostly harmless...

Dave

Through the Worm Hole Mark Earnest[_2_] Misc 5 August 6th 18 04:55 AM
Through the Worm Hole Mark Earnest[_2_] Misc 6 May 25th 18 10:08 AM
mars worm? Paul Morris Astronomy Misc 13 August 25th 04 06:54 AM
Worm still at HQ? Mark Lopa Space Shuttle 0 July 29th 04 06:05 AM
Sobig.F. Worm G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 2 October 15th 03 10:37 PM