Barnard 132

Old January 1st 16, 07:21 AM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

Default Barnard 132

Barnard 132 is a long but thin dark nebula in southern Aquila some say looks like a tadpole. I don't see it, a slug maybe but not a tadpole. At the very top of the image is the much smaller Barnard 328 both are rather sharply defined and rated as a 6 in opacity, the highest-level. I was unable to find much on either of these.

Unfortunately I didn't realize Barnard 328 was in the image or I'd have move the center up a bit to better catch it. Like many of my September images this one was plagued by smoke and lake haze that played havoc with color balance. Seeing went down hill causing stars to be larger in red than blue or green giving most stars a red halo even if blue. The smoke and haze eliminated a lot of the blue and some green as well. I think I have the color balance fairly accurate after a lot of work. I took this one before I did NGC 218 I posted just before this one. But I was stuck on color balance so put NGC 218 ahead to give me more time to work on it.

Both of these dark nebulae appear they would stand out well visually but I've got no log record of ever having looked for them before.

Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B132L4X10RGB2X10R.JPG
Views:	462
Size:	947.5 KB
ID:	6037  Click image for larger version

Name:	B132L4X10RGB2X10R-67.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	545.8 KB
ID:	6038  Click image for larger version

Name:	B132L4X10RGB2X10R-CROP67.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	355.2 KB
ID:	6039

Last edited by WA0CKY : January 5th 16 at 07:07 AM.

Barnard 133 WA0CKY Astro Pictures 0 October 19th 15 08:03 PM
Barnard 160 WA0CKY Astro Pictures 0 February 12th 15 07:05 AM
Barnard 343 WA0CKY Astro Pictures 1 February 2nd 15 09:52 PM
Barnard 95/LDN 406 Rick Johnson[_2_] Astro Pictures 1 March 3rd 14 06:55 PM
Barnard 104 WA0CKY Astro Pictures 0 January 14th 14 07:57 PM