Effects of low air pressure

Old April 12th 08, 12:00 AM posted to sci.space.moderated
Nick Maclaren

Default Effects of low air pressure

A while ago, there was a debate of whether an air mixture of 50:50
oxygen and nitrogen (with appropriate water vapour and carbon
dioxide) at a pressure of 0.3-0.4 bar would have harmful effects
on humans if breathed for long periods (years or decades).
I never saw a resolution of that.

That is a very low pressure, but the partial pressure of oxygen
is comparable to a relatively modest altitude, so there isn't a
problem in that respect. The speculation (and it was no more)
was that that high a proportion of oxygen could burn the lungs.

Are there any known facts, or is it still guesswork?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old March 29th 10, 07:37 PM
lople789 lople789 is offline
Banned

Smile Smartphone

My dear friends,Thanks for your concern. I am sorry to disturb you, But hope i can bring your happys and good news now!!! Recently, I find one well electronic company , They can wholesale or retail more and more popular electronic products (Apple iPhone 3GS HTC HD2 BlackBerry Bold 9700). Of course, I have order some items from this company, And surprised received my likes items in 3-5 days!!! As you know, I have pay very cheap money and get one best quality items, All items are full new with the genuine guarantee and Original packaging. All the products have one to three years of international warranty. You can have the warranty service at your place with the invoice we issue. So i must have to introduce and recommend you this good electronic company!!! The better service with low price,what are you waiting for??? Please Join this company immediately, All items will bring you more profit and pleasantly surprised price. Hope we can get more cheap price and High-quality items from this popular company in future!!! Looking forward to your good news soon!!! Best regards,yours sincerely!
Old August 14th 10, 11:41 AM
premeet01245 premeet01245 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Maclaren View Post
A while ago, there was a debate of whether an air mixture of 50:50
oxygen and nitrogen (with appropriate water vapour and carbon
dioxide) at a pressure of 0.3-0.4 bar would have harmful effects
on humans if breathed for long periods (years or decades).
I never saw a resolution of that.

That is a very low pressure, but the partial pressure of oxygen
is comparable to a relatively modest altitude, so there isn't a
problem in that respect. The speculation (and it was no more)
was that that high a proportion of oxygen could burn the lungs.

Are there any known facts, or is it still guesswork?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
it's great information.
Old August 5th 11, 02:54 PM
davisc davisc is offline
Junior Member

I appreciate the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premeet01245 View Post
it's great information.
Old August 19th 11, 06:28 AM
Maclion Maclion is offline
Junior Member

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisc View Post
I appreciate the post.
There could be several breathing problem at such places for those who go there from high atmospheric pressure.. They feel a sudden surge of low pressure of air and their breathing gets effected through this... !!

Schedule effects Jim in Houston[_2_] Space Shuttle 0 October 16th 07 10:51 AM
Planet under Pressure nightbat Misc 6 April 20th 06 08:45 PM
response to Under Pressure VTrade Space Station 2 January 18th 04 12:48 AM
Under Pressure VTrade Space Station 3 January 17th 04 08:21 PM