A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old January 23rd 16, 09:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Not as nice a day as yesterday, but acceptable. 49F as of 1:30 PM PST here in Gresham. Wind out of the south at 5 mph. Showers in the area. Library not crowded for a Saturday.

Double-A

Old January 25th 16, 07:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 1:38:47 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Not as nice a day as yesterday, but acceptable. 49F as of 1:30 PM PST here in Gresham. Wind out of the south at 5 mph. Showers in the area. Library not crowded for a Saturday.

Double-A

The sun is out here in Gresham. 49F as of 11:00 AM PST.

Stayed home yesterday and listened to the playoff games. What happened to the Patriots? Did they deflate those game balls a little too much this time around? Their offense certainly seemed to fall flat! Bert, I hope you didn't bet too much money on them, or your wallet might be feeling quite deflated about now!

Double-A

Old January 26th 16, 01:08 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

AA Sandy found me at 10am.She just got back from Arizona. Her car had starting problems,and when I fixed that it has a metal to metal scapping.Its front break pads worn. I fixed that.I never even had a chance to go to HB and watch the game.Not even a small bet.We stayed together till 10pm. If I was 30 years younger I would sweep her off her feet. Well I would not have bet big.Treb was no help.Fact is he has not talked to me in over a week. I put away $$$$ for running for mayor,and best I don't bet it. Trebert
Old January 26th 16, 08:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 5:08:32 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA Sandy found me at 10am.She just got back from Arizona. Her car had starting problems,and when I fixed that it has a metal to metal scapping.Its front break pads worn. I fixed that.I never even had a chance to go to HB and watch the game.Not even a small bet.We stayed together till 10pm. If I was 30 years younger I would sweep her off her feet. Well I would not have bet big.Treb was no help.Fact is he has not talked to me in over a week. I put away $$$$ for running for mayor,and best I don't bet it. Trebert

Good thing you saved your money and didn't bet. Doing brake jobs now? I used to run my brakes till the calipers fell off! Have driven an car when only the emergency brakes would work. But I did do some work on my own cars..

47F here in Gresham as of 12:30 PST. Cloudy and calm with a light drizzle.

Good to hear Sandy's back. Hey, go for the gusto. The little blue pill, or whatever it takes.

Double-A

Old January 27th 16, 02:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]
external usenet poster

A lovely day here in paradise, sun shining through puffy clouds, while the east coast gets hit with tons of blowing snow, an obvious divine retribution from God for their sinfulness!
------------

Exactly. That's why where I live got zero snow.

Thank you Jesus and baby Jesus!
Old January 28th 16, 09:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Partly sunny and 53F as of 1:30 PM here in Gresham. Was going great in my 1/2 mile walk from the transit center to the library until I got to just across the street from the library when I was hit by a cloud burst! Of course I always carry my umbrella in my pocket just for such eventualities.

Nice lunch with Kim yesterday. I got her in touch with here lawyer in Hawaii. A lot of people owe her money, and boy now are they going to pay!

Double-A

Old January 29th 16, 08:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Scattered showers here in Gresham. Gusty southwesterly wind at 14 mph. Temperature 50F as of 12:30 PM PST.

DOW is up again in this roller coaster stock market. Gold has set a short term upward trend over the last month.

Double-A

Old January 30th 16, 02:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Nice lunch with Kim yesterday. I got her in touch with here lawyer in Hawaii. A lot of people owe her money, and boy now are they going to pay!
----------

No they're not. Unless she is willing to fork over a couple thousand to get them started?

No? I didn't think so.

Maybe you can give her... Wait, I mean LEND her, the cash.
Old January 30th 16, 08:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 6:02:03 AM UTC-8, wrote:
----------

No they're not. Unless she is willing to fork over a couple thousand to get them started?

No? I didn't think so.

So maybe a hard ass collection agency would be a better choice? Sometimes they will work just for a cut.

A chilly 43F as of 12:00 noon PST here in Gresham on this Saturday. Some sun through clouds and showers still about. Wind south 8 mph.

DeLorean is back! Back to here in the future, that is.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...ng-back-013016

Double-A

Old January 31st 16, 01:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]
external usenet poster

No? I didn't think so.

So maybe a hard ass collection agency would be a better choice? Sometimes they will work just for a cut.
-----------

Has the bitch ever considered getting a job?

And please don't tell me what she USED to do. Even a retard like Kim can get a job somewhere.