PM and PS space articles

Old December 14th 08, 12:43 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default PM and PS space articles

This is going to take a lot of hours to do if I do it, so how many
people out there are interested in my going through all the Popular
Science and Popular Mechanics issues on Google books and getting a list
of space-related articles from volume one/issue one to the present day
(around 100 years or 1,200 issues)... with short descriptions of each
article's subject and a direct a link to it in a page-by-page form?

Pat
Old December 14th 08, 12:51 PM posted to sci.space.history

On Dec 14, 7:43*am, Pat Flannery wrote:
This is going to take a lot of hours to do if I do it, so how many
people out there are interested in my going through all the Popular
Science and Popular Mechanics issues on Google books and getting a list
of space-related articles from volume one/issue one to the present day
(around 100 years or 1,200 issues)... with short descriptions of each
article's subject and a direct a link to it in a page-by-page form?

Pat

That sure is a lot of work but it sure would be good service to space
historians
Old December 14th 08, 01:23 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:
This is going to take a lot of hours to do if I do it, so how many
people out there are interested in my going through all the Popular
Science and Popular Mechanics issues on Google books and getting a
list of space-related articles from volume one/issue one to the
present day (around 100 years or 1,200 issues)... with short
descriptions of each article's subject and a direct a link to it in a
page-by-page form?

Pat

BTW, that's around 2,400 issues total for both magazines that need to
be checked... if this gets rolling, should I go through one first, then
the other one, or check out both magazines simultaneously in
chronological order and list all articles from both in the same year in
the same posting?

Pat
Old December 14th 08, 01:54 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

M wrote:

That sure is a lot of work but it sure would be good service to space
historians

I'm probably going to go through a lot of it anyway just out of
curiosity, so why not get completely berserk and compulsively driven
about it and post the addresses of everything I've found?
Some ask: "Why? What is your reason for doing this?"
I ask: "Why the hell not? Do we need a fukin' reason to do this, you
little assholes?"
Then I take the persons who asked "Why?", stick their heads into a vice,
and crank it shut till their eyeballs pop out - because I have no time
for smart-ass little ****s like that.
Let's see if we can pull this whole operation off before Christmas, and
without anyone's eyes needing to get squeezed out of their skulls. :-)

Nicky
Old December 16th 08, 08:24 AM posted to sci.space.history
Jay Walsh[_3_]

Pat Flannery wrote:

I'm probably going to go through a lot of it anyway just out of
curiosity, so why not get completely berserk and compulsively driven
about it and post the addresses of everything I've found?
Some ask: "Why? What is your reason for doing this?"
I ask: "Why the hell not? Do we need a fukin' reason to do this, you
little assholes?"
Then I take the persons who asked "Why?", stick their heads into a vice,
and crank it shut till their eyeballs pop out - because I have no time
for smart-ass little ****s like that.
Let's see if we can pull this whole operation off before Christmas, and
without anyone's eyes needing to get squeezed out of their skulls. :-)

Nicky

Think of it as penance for bringing these archive to the attention of
those of us who might not have found them on our own, and now will waste
even more hours staring at our computer screens. ;-)

Jay
Old December 16th 08, 08:39 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Jay Walsh wrote:
Think of it as penance for bringing these archive to the attention of
those of us who might not have found them on our own, and now will
waste even more hours staring at our computer screens. ;-)

Well it was a grand idea, but as soon as I get in a issue or two, this
shows up:

"Google
Error
We're sorry...
... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a
computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't
process your request right now.
We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon.
In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been
infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to
make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.
If you're continually receiving this error, you may be able to
resolve the problem by deleting your Google cookie and revisiting
Google. For browser-specific instructions, please consult your browser's
online support center.
If your entire network is affected, more information is available in
the Google Web Search Help Center.
We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on
Google."

This never shows up on my other Google searches, so it seems to be
something specific to the "Google Books" website, or some
incompatibility with my Firefox browser/Windows 98 set-up.

Pat
Old December 17th 08, 06:02 AM posted to sci.space.history
Jay Walsh[_3_]

OM wrote:

...Since Pat has me killfiled, would someone please quote me so that
he can be informed of the following:

1) This is a known "bug". Google has done this to be jerks.

2) You can beat this using Proxify for the time being, but I'd jump on
it quick because I can see them blocking proxy fakers and proxy
blockers just to keep being jerks.

OM

AW, and here I thought they made it official that Pat was a virus.:-)

Jay
Old December 17th 08, 07:41 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Jay Walsh wrote:
AW, and here I thought they made it official that Pat was a virus.:-)

Language is a virus from outer space:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FeyGTmw0I0

Pat