USN in space, 1970 articles

Old September 20th 03, 03:24 AM
Gene DiGennaro

Default USN in space, 1970 articles

(Allen Thomson) wrote in message . com...
In November 1970 the magazine "Naval Aviation News" had a special issue
on the USN in space. The issue is available at

http://www.history.navy.mil/download/space-01.PDF
through
http://www.history.navy.mil/download/space-23.PDF

NANews will always have a special place in my heart. My Dad was a
Naval Air Reservist ( VP-68 ) in the 60's and 70's. Seems like he
always brought home copy of NANews and Approach after each weekend
drill. I devoured each copy from cover to cover when I was a kid. Dare
I say I might have even learned to read reading about Grampa Pettibone
and Dilbert!

NANews fans will know that Dilbert was a lousy Naval Aviator long
before he became a successsful cubicle dwelling engineer with a pet
dog.

Gene
Old September 25th 03, 06:09 PM
Gordon

High point of my Navy career was being mentioned in the 75th Anniversery issue
- I know its off topic, but it sure meant a lot to me!

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR Aircrew

"Got anything on your radar, SENSO?"