observing session

Old April 24th 06, 03:40 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default observing session

If its not a strange question to ask - If you have been observing for quite
a while and seen most of the easy objects then where typically do you start
looking in an evening?

Do people just get the charts out and just start where the skies are clear
or would you have a particular goal in mind at the beginning of the session.
Some of the magazines I have seen have 'viewing for the month' type articles
so maybe this helps push things in a particular direction.

just wondering...

Old April 24th 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

* AB :

Do people just get the charts out and just start where the skies are clear
or would you have a particular goal in mind at the beginning of the
session. [SNIP]

For me it's a bit of both. Sometimes I'll head outside with no plan at all,
set up the telescope or whatever and think "okay, what's up and worth a
look?" -- other times I'll have a plan for the session and will work to
that, sometimes packing up when I'm done or then heading off to random
objects.

--
Dave Pearson Newton's Astronomical Society
http://www.davep.org/ Near Grantham, Lincolnshire