Coining a New Expletive for the Astro Set

Old May 28th 04, 06:16 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Default Coining a New Expletive for the Astro Set

John,

Holy herb, this herbing stuff is herbing good!

Anthony.

John Steinberg wrote:

With all the recent (and not so recent) sturm und drang over a certain
astro site and a certain astro dealer, I submit for your review and
consideration, a new word for the amateur astronomy lexicon.

Naturally, inventing a new word, or at least a new usage for an old
word, is a difficult task, fraught with peril and with no guarantee of
success. It's can be a Herculean task that will likely require the
assistance of untold millions, but perhaps we can create the butterfly
effect beginning right here on s.a.a.?

I know you're dying to know the word, but first let me provide some
selling points:

- Usage of same will not bring Michael Powell & the FCC to your door.
- You can use it safely and politely in mixed company.
- No worries about youngsters hearing you use it.
- As with many of the greatest expletives, it's just four letters.
- It's equally benign when used in written or oral form.
- It's a lot easier to spell than supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
- Trump can't copyright it.

Suggested uses and exemplar sentences:

"Oh herb! I just drove 300 miles to a star party and forgot my herbing
eyepieces!"

Herb you!

You herbhead!

After dropping an 8 lb. counterpoise weight on your foot, you could
shout, "Oh, herb, herb!!!!"

"That guy is a herbing s.o.b.!"

"Honey, the kids are asleep, wanna herb?"
"Are your herbing crazy!?"

"Dude, this herb I'm smoking is herbing awesome!"

"People who misunderestimate me will be herbed royally!"

"Yeah, I herbed her."

"Why don't you go herb yourself!?"

There is no herbing way I'm going to let your snot-nosed,
sticky-fingered, grubby little kid anywhere near my herbing Takahashi!

"Kiss me before you herb me, you herbing herb!"

"John, what the herb have you been smoking?"

Old May 28th 04, 06:24 PM
Paul S. Walsh

Holy herb, Pops, you HAVE been gettin' herbed again. Mom's going to be
herbing steamed as all herbing get out.

It's your herbing funeral and don't say I didn't herbing warn you.

-Junior

--
-John Steinberg
email: lid

Old May 28th 04, 06:56 PM
DT

Just so long as it doesn't have a silent H.
(Just herbing around)

Denis
--
DT
Replace nospam with the antithesis of hills

Old May 28th 04, 06:59 PM
Herb York

Well now you are ALL HERBED!

Herb- I mean Herbert - York

Old May 28th 04, 06:59 PM
Herb York

Well now you are ALL HERBED!

Herb- I mean Herbert - York

Old May 28th 04, 08:01 PM
Bob Schmall

[...]

Herb you and everyone who looks like you.

Bob

Old May 28th 04, 09:00 PM
Shawn Curry

Bob Schmall wrote:

Herb you and everyone who looks like you.

Bob

Herb you and the herb you rode in on.
:-)

Shawn