Coralville's 5 Acre Light Bulb !!

Old January 24th 04, 08:43 AM
Good Bye Nighte

Default Coralville's 5 Acre Light Bulb !!

Imagine a 5 acre 200 foot high, 20 story translucent sem-cylindrical
light bulb housing a rain forest - in Iowa. In Coralville, Iowa to be
precise.
What will this do for light pollution? Coralville politicians and
business
backers say: "it's not relevant". The Iowa's Child Project - Indoor
Rainforest. Cost: $280 million w. $50mil just allocated by Congress in
the recent energy bill, with support from Senators Harkin, Grassley, and
Leach.

It's a done deal and part of our lives. No Astronomer Left Behind.

Ben

Old January 24th 04, 11:27 AM
Tom

Imagine a 5 acre 200 foot high, 20 story translucent sem-cylindrical
light bulb housing a rain forest

Sounds great. Where can I get one?

Old January 24th 04, 11:27 AM
Tom

Old January 24th 04, 11:27 AM
Tom

Old January 24th 04, 04:20 PM
Starlord

At one place where I lived in Hawaii, the Waianae Valley, there was a place that
had a 50ft pole and they have a 2000watt bulb with NO Shielding at all and at
night it lights up the whole valley area. I had dreams of using an M109 on it
some night to return darkness to the valley.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Ad World
http://adworld.netfirms.com

"Good Bye Nighte" wrote in message
Imagine a 5 acre 200 foot high, 20 story translucent sem-cylindrical
light bulb housing a rain forest - in Iowa. In Coralville, Iowa to be
precise.
What will this do for light pollution? Coralville politicians and
business
backers say: "it's not relevant". The Iowa's Child Project - Indoor
Rainforest. Cost: $280 million w. $50mil just allocated by Congress in
the recent energy bill, with support from Senators Harkin, Grassley, and
Leach.

It's a done deal and part of our lives. No Astronomer Left Behind.

Ben

---

Old January 24th 04, 05:08 PM
Chris1011

At one place where I lived in Hawaii, the Waianae Valley, there was a place
that had a 50ft pole and they have a 2000watt bulb with NO Shielding at all

and atnight it lights up the whole valley area. I had dreams of using an M109
on it
some night to return darkness to the valley.

I will be there to help you aim the thing!

Roland Christen