Lunar pictures

Old April 11th 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Default Lunar pictures

Hi George,

Next time you shot the moon, so to speak, may I request that you try
to get some images of the Aristarchus Plataeu, please? That is an
especially interesting location, one that would likely show some
great detail with your setup. TIA! If you aren't familiar with that
feature, here is a link to some images that should show you where it
is located:
http://images.google.com/images?q=Ar...st art=0&sa=N

I know this place, the Vallis Schroteri which is near Aristarchus is
particularly interesting.
But you will have to wait before I can take such a picture, the Moon is
becoming low over the horizon now.
However, I've find an old picture realized with the Toucam without barlow
http://images.ciel.free.fr/test/Aristarchus.jpg
That's all that I have for the moment

--
Norbert. (no X for the answer)
======================================

Old April 11th 06, 11:39 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

"Norbert" wrote in message
Hi,

Three clear evenings last week :-D
The first ones since at least two monthes. What's more, the turbulence was
quite low on the first two nights, a little bit higher on Friday.
So, I've imaged the Moon with the Toucam at the prime focus of the C8,
fitted with an IR-cut filter.
The results are here, if you're interested :
Wednesday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon7d.html
Thursday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon8d.html
Friday evening :
http://images.ciel.free.fr/Eversion/Moon/Moon9d.html

Lovely photos, Norbert! Thank you ......

Cheers

Donal

Old April 12th 06, 01:26 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

--
Martin R. Howell
"The Astro Post"
Old April 12th 06, 04:48 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Hello,

It is not just the astrophotographs that I cherish seeing so much when I
come to this group, but it is the ability to discern the "good" folks from
the throlls and such which fill so many of these groups. The people who
respond as these did to the works of Martin Howell allow me to know the good
ones from the bad.

And of course, what beautiful lunar images.

--
Leo's up there - somewhere, - Jeffrey

Columbia, South Carolina, USA
(34.00 N, 81.03 W); 190 ft

http://www.midlandstech.edu/jlh/

"The only thing that separates South Carolina from hell is a screen door."

.. .

Old April 12th 06, 04:37 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

"Norbert" wrote in message
[...]

That's a pretty good picture. I like it. It shows more detail than I would
have expected. I've been wanting to take some images of that region, but
the weather here hasn't cooperated as of late. Some of the reasons I'm so
interested in it is because it is a very unusual region compared to many
other areas of the moon. It has many interesting and unusual features,
such as the valley to which you refer, but also the mountains the border
the other end of the plateau, the lava fields themselves, the two large
craters of course, and its unsual, trapizoid appearance. I understand that
NASA is very interested in this region as well. Perhaps they will plan a
mission there in the future. That would be interesting, indeed. I've read
that it may have some very interesting and unusual mineralogy. Thanks for
the link.

George

Old May 8th 06, 09:09 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

In message ,
writes
In uk.sci.astronomy Norbert wrote:
I know this place, the Vallis Schroteri which is near Aristarchus is
particularly interesting.
But you will have to wait before I can take such a picture, the Moon is
becoming low over the horizon now.
However, I've find an old picture realized with the Toucam without barlow
http://images.ciel.free.fr/test/Aristarchus.jpg

Unfortunately this doesn't appear to exist - I get the error message

Not Found
The requested URL /test/Aristarchus.jpg was not found on this server.

For some reason I missed most of this thread, but the main site
http://images.ciel.free.fr/ is well worth exploring. Looks as if the
files been deleted - http://images.ciel.free.fr/test/ only has a nice
mosaic.
Old May 8th 06, 10:01 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Very nice indeed!