Fox TV's Apollo Moon Hoax

Old September 17th 03, 03:03 PM
Chris Jones

Default Fox TV's Apollo Moon Hoax

Hop David writes:

Was reading an interview with Phil Plait in this month's
Astronomy Magazine.

His Bad Astronomy website was catapaulted into the limelight
after he debunked a Feb, 2001 Fox TV show "Conspiracy Theory,
Did We Really Land on the Moon?"

He is quite critical of the show:
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html
going so far as to call the suggestion that NASA murdered
Chaffee, White and Grissom "a particularly loathsome accusation".

Is Plait being unduly harsh? Isn't Fox a credible news source?

I'd have to say no, and yes. (That is, yes, Fox isn't a credible news
source.)
Old September 17th 03, 04:26 PM
Dave

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:11:35 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
"Dave" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Which of those are inaccurate (albeit politically incorrect)? Given
the Beeb's performance, prosecution rests. ;-)

What performance.

Their general performance--like being stenographers for the likes of
Al Jazeera--the kind of performance that resulted in the British
troops switching to another network.

Do try to keep up Rand. The crew of one ship changed over to Sky News for a
short period when the BBC asked some serious questions about how 2 modern
helicopters could collide in clear skies near the ship in question.

The idea that they are "stenographers" is tripe.

Hey, Rand, isn't The Mail one of the news sources you like to quote?

Not that I recall. I rarely see it.

You have used it as a source for "information".

Old September 17th 03, 04:28 PM
Rand Simberg

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:26:27 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
"Dave" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Hey, Rand, isn't The Mail one of the news sources you like to quote?

Not that I recall. I rarely see it.

You have used it as a source for "information".

I didn't deny it. I just said that I don't recall. The fact that I
may have done so once or twice doesn't mean that I "like" to do so,
which implies that I regularly read and cite it.

Old September 19th 03, 06:14 AM
MSu1049321

Fox and news are two words that should always have SOME sort of qualifier
between them, and fair or balanced are not eligible;-)