Rosetta Stone

Old March 4th 05, 07:16 PM
Steve

Default Rosetta Stone

Can we see this spacecraft tonight?

Old March 4th 05, 09:13 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Steve
writes
Can we see this spacecraft tonight?

Yes - and the sky is clear here!

http://www.rssd.esa.int/index.php?project=ROSETTA&page=Earth_Flyby
Old March 4th 05, 11:05 PM
Martin Frey

Jonathan Silverlight
wrote:

Steve writes
Can we see this spacecraft tonight?

Yes - and the sky is clear here!

It was half clear here - but not the half with Rosetta in it.
Sometimes half of what you want is worse than none...

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
Old March 5th 05, 01:32 AM
Albert White

Hi,

Martin Frey wrote:
It was half clear here - but not the half with Rosetta in it.
Sometimes half of what you want is worse than none...

Michael Scully in Co. Kerry, Ireland got enough to clear skies to get
some images.

http://www.irishastronomy.org/boards...pic.php?t=1701

Cheers,
~Al
Old March 5th 05, 12:27 PM
Robin Leadbeater

"Albert White" wrote in message
Hi,

Martin Frey wrote:
It was half clear here - but not the half with Rosetta in it.
Sometimes half of what you want is worse than none...

Michael Scully in Co. Kerry, Ireland got enough to clear skies to get
some images.

http://www.irishastronomy.org/boards...pic.php?t=1701

I put out the info on QCUIAG a few days ago. I was clouded out but several
members managed to get images over the past few days including a pair from
Tom How and Adrian Jones from last night showing parallax.

http://astro.neutral.org/imagehtml/20050304_ros.html

Robin

Old March 5th 05, 10:40 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Albert White
writes
Hi,

Martin Frey wrote:
It was half clear here - but not the half with Rosetta in it.
Sometimes half of what you want is worse than none...

Michael Scully in Co. Kerry, Ireland got enough to clear skies to get
some images.

http://www.irishastronomy.org/boards...pic.php?t=1701

Cheers,

Very impressive! Immediately after I posted my elated message and phoned
my brother the clouds rolled in for the next hour. Then they went away,
but so had Rosetta :-(