Earth DNA deposited on Titan by Huygens?

Old February 1st 05, 03:18 PM
Herman Rubin

Andrew wrote:
"nafod40" wrote in message
Smith wrote:

heaps cut

if we can't find it, then at some point we should start spreading it. Take
a big blob of primordial hydrocarbon feasting ooze and put it into an
armored bunker-buster casing and drop it on Titan in a probe that would
survive an impact and burrow into the surface. And just let it do it's
thing.

Interesting proposal . . on that point, I have two questions.

1) Are then any 'exo-conservationists' in existence. I.e., how much real
opposition would this proposal run into if it was really floated.

There are LOTS of them.

2) Likely targets inthe solar syatem other than Titan are ?

At the present time, it would have to be Mars and some
of the moons of Jupiter. Possibly other moons of
Saturn can be considered, as the presence of a sizable
atmosphere might not be a necessity. If this is the
case, our Moon and even asteroids could be considered.

This is not appropriate for this newsgroup, but I believe
the future for mankind is to have lots of independent
groups living in (not on) asteroids or small moons.

Andrew

Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558