'Christmas is taboo in America, but now people are fighting back'

Old December 21st 04, 12:19 AM
Jmpngtiger

Default 'Christmas is taboo in America, but now people are fighting back'

The sad thing is that we're destroying a people over this concept "my imaginary
friend is better than your imaginary friend"(and maybe a world...?). Think
about it, friend.

jt

I won't top post, because you'd give up on my thoughts after weeding through
this guys crap...

Indeed the battle of Armageddon commenced with fall of
Autumn and Evening from the perpetual season, and was
finished the moment Jesus bowed his tortured head at
Calvary, just outside the ancient gates of Damascus,
i.e., finished in the perfect mood of the scriptures.

We devout Judeo-Xians KNOW that the *filthy* Anti-Christ
Anti-American radically-left-wing rabidly-insane liberal
inhuman *vermin* who HATE God and HATE Jesus Christ and
HATE us Judeo-Xians and HATE all that is good and right
and virtuous and honorable and dignified about the human
race, these Antichrist/Anarchist scum will be Exterminated
on a nation-wide and soon global scale before the Apocalypse
finishes trampling them through the Winepress of the undiluted
*WRATH* of God, the Furies!

The liberal beast has dug its own GRAVE and signed its own
DEATH warrant by all their insane *HATRED* of Jesus Christ
our LORD and Saviour. Not even DEATH and HADES could prevent
the Resurrected Jesus from Dominating the entire planet Earth
and every *sane* human being into the Ages of the Ages. Amen.

Merry Christmas!
Daniel Joseph Min

http://www.google.co.in./groups?selm...ymous.pos ter

http://www.google.co.uk./groups?selm...ymous.pos ter
http://www.geocities.com/daniel_joseph_min
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?...rch=0x2B1CCFE7

On 19 Dec 2004, (TonyZ2001) forwarded:
http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...19/wxmas19.xml

'Christmas is taboo in America, but now people are fighting back'
(Filed: 19/12/2004)

If you think celebrations in Britain are becoming too politically correct

then
don't go to the US. Philip Sherwell reports

For her son's school "holiday party" last week, Julie West baked a birthday
cake for the baby Jesus - a gesture of defiance both against his teachers

and
the growing campaign in America to remove any trace of Christmas from public
life.

Six-year-old Aaron had brought home a note from his school, in Washington
state, that asked parents to provide food that their family traditionally
enjoyed during the holiday season.

"He asked for the cake I make at Christmas with the words 'Happy Birthday
Jesus'," said Ms West. "I called the school to let them know, but a few days
later the teacher phoned back to say that I couldn't bring the cake as the
party was not a religious event."

Ms West, who attends a non-denominational church in Edmonds, near Seattle,

was
amazed. "It wasn't an attempt to impose my beliefs on anyone. It was just a
cake," she said. "I think all traditions and religions should be celebrated

at
this time of year."

After researching the issue on the internet she contacted the Rutherford
Institute, a mainstream pressure group that defends religious freedom. It
assured her that even though the American constitution bans the promotion of
religion by the government, simply bringing a cake iced with "Happy Birthday
Jesus" into the school broke no laws. "So I took the cake in for the party

on
Tuesday and none of the other parents or children were offended," she said.
"The only comment was how delicious it was.

"I didn't set out to make a point, but now I hope I have helped a few other
people understand their rights."

Not everyone is as robust. Across the United States, celebrations for what

many
Americans now refer to as the "C word" have been all but restricted to

churches
and private homes.

In Wichita, Kansas, a local newspaper ran an apology after referring to a
"Christmas tree", rather than a "community tree" at the city's Winterfest
celebration. In Denver, a Christian church float was barred from the city's
parade while Chinese lion dancers and German folk dancers were welcomed. In
parts of Florida, fir trees have been banned this year from government-owned
property.

A mayor in Massachusetts issued a formal apology to anyone offended by a

press
release that mistakenly described the town of Somerville's holiday party as

"Christmas party". Schools in Florida and New Jersey have banned all carols

and
elsewhere in Washington state a school principal banned a production of A
Christmas Carol mainly because Tiny Tim prays: "God bless us, every one."

In one New Jersey school district, where the singing of Christmas carols has
long been abandoned, officials have this year forbidden children's

orchestras
to play songs such as Silent Night because that might remind people of their
Christian content.

Frosty the Snowman and Winter Wonderland have, however, been deemed

acceptable
as they are devoid of any religious references.

"The majority of people in the towns think that this policy is unnecessary,"
said William Calabrese, the town president (mayor) of South Orange. "This

feels
like a slap in the face to diversity, not a symbol of it. They're

sterilising
the school systems, taking away freedom of choice. It's a type of
totalitarianism."

The fightback, however, has begun. Showdowns are taking place across the
country as individuals, and conservative and religious groups, come out

against
the zealous interpretation of the separation of Church and state.

In Chicago, a Nativity scene has been given police protection after a
life-sized model of the infant Christ was briefly stolen before being

recovered
earlier this month.

"This has been getting worse for years and people have finally had enough,"
said John Whitehead, the founder of the Rutherford Institute, which has

issued
its own "Twelve Rules of Christmas" setting out people's religious rights.

"Political correctness is all-pervasive here. Christmas has become a taboo

in
America but now people are fighting back."

In the Oklahoma City suburb of Mustang, voters angered by a school board's
decision to remove a Nativity scene from a school play demonstrated their

fury
at the ballot box last week. They rejected the board's plans to raise $11
million (L5.7 million) by issuing bonds.

Many parents were particularly angry that the play still featured Santa

Claus
and a Christmas tree in addition to symbols of the Jewish festival of