Ares I fratricide on Orion during abort

Old July 17th 09, 05:06 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Default Ares I fratricide on Orion during abort

Exploding SRB between 30 and 60 seconds into the flight equals100% dead
crew probability: http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=31792
Recovery chutes on capsule melt due to radiated heat from burning solid
propellant as it goes flying through air after explosion.
25 page Air Force PDF on subject he
http://images.spaceref.com/news/2009/fratricide.pdf

Pat
Old July 17th 09, 06:09 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
kT

Default Ares I Napkin ****

OM wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:06:02 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Exploding SRB between 30 and 60 seconds into the flight equals100% dead
crew probability: http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=31792

...Why do I smell the paranoid psychotic vengeful stench of Keith
Cowing in this one?

Keith Cowing, ElfNazi, Brad Guth - separated at afterbirth.

Michael Griffin should have wiped his ass with that napkin.

OM

--

]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [

Old July 17th 09, 07:45 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

Exploding SRB between 30 and 60 seconds into the flight equals100% dead
crew probability: http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=31792

...Why do I smell the paranoid psychotic vengeful stench of Keith
Cowing in this one?

It was indeed over at NASA Watch. It's an Air Force report done back on
the 10th of the month.
I've downloaded the pdf - can you see it, or should I send it to you?
It's pretty eye-opening.
Still going through the X-Planes website you found, up to page 30 now.

Pat
Old July 17th 09, 07:57 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
kT

Robert Mosley III of Austin, Texas USA wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:09:23 -0500, kT wrote:

Michael Griffin should have wiped his ass with that napkin.

At least he practices proper hygene.

Sure, he wiped his **** into the faces of Americans, at NASA.

You haven't washed the **** off
your hands for years.

I don't design rockets in secret, on napkins, and I don't force my
rocket designs onto people who don't want them, and can't pay for them.

My public domain thoughts : http://webpages.charter.net/tsiolkovsky/

Do you massage Nana's poor tired feet with those smegma-covered paws?

Why don't you ask her, you seemed to be obsessed with little old ladies.
Old July 17th 09, 08:05 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
kT

OM wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 13:45:23 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

It was indeed over at NASA Watch. It's an Air Force report done back on
the 10th of the month.

...Which means Keith's probably twisted the conclusions to suit his
sick agenda.

I've downloaded the pdf - can you see it, or should I send it to you?
It's pretty eye-opening.

...E-mail it, if you would. Remember, any site Keith Cowing's in the
middle of sodomizing, he goes out of his way to block my IP address.

He doesn't go out of his way to block you, he just does it.

It's his website. If you had a *real* website, you could do it too.

I'm *really* about ready to fire up Tor on a dedicated old browser box
just to watch him and all the NSF morons whine and bitch when they
can't block my ever-changing IP address.

You couldn't TOR into Keith's site if your life depended on it.

It requires skill and understanding of the software.

Still going through the X-Planes website you found, up to page 30 now.

...Yeah, that site's really a hoot! I figured you'd go bonkers over
it. Almost as time-consuming as Mark Wade's site is on the first
encounter!

OM

--

]=====================================[

Old July 17th 09, 08:29 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
David Spain

Pat Flannery wrote:
Exploding SRB between 30 and 60 seconds into the flight equals100% dead
crew probability: http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=31792
Recovery chutes on capsule melt due to radiated heat from burning solid
propellant as it goes flying through air after explosion.
25 page Air Force PDF on subject he
http://images.spaceref.com/news/2009/fratricide.pdf

Pat

Pat,

I looked at this briefly, but it doesn't seem to take into account
that Orion has an escape rocket. Would not that take it well past
the 7900 foot blast radius? This study seems to assume that Orion
would attempt to parachute through the solid propellant debris.
I thought the escape rocket would assure otherwise. Unless the
escape rocket fails as well, but then forget about 'chutes anyway
right?

Dave
Old July 17th 09, 08:52 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:
I've downloaded the pdf - can you see it, or should I send it to you?
It's pretty eye-opening.

...E-mail it, if you would.

Well, I've tried that three times, and it says it has errors in it and
won't attach it.
I'll try to send you the text from it.

Pat
Old July 17th 09, 09:33 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Derek Lyons

wrote:

Exploding SRB between 30 and 60 seconds into the flight equals100% dead
crew probability: http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=31792

...Why do I smell the paranoid psychotic vengeful stench of Keith
Cowing in this one?

Because you make every possible excuse to find ways to blame
everything on him.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old July 17th 09, 09:35 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Derek Lyons

wrote:

It was indeed over at NASA Watch. It's an Air Force report done back on
the 10th of the month.

...Which means Keith's probably twisted the conclusions to suit his
sick agenda.

Right, that's why George Herbert is widely spreading it and Henry is
concurring.

D.

Old July 17th 09, 09:37 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Derek Lyons

David Spain wrote:

Pat Flannery wrote:
Exploding SRB between 30 and 60 seconds into the flight equals100% dead
crew probability: http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=31792
Recovery chutes on capsule melt due to radiated heat from burning solid
propellant as it goes flying through air after explosion.
25 page Air Force PDF on subject he
http://images.spaceref.com/news/2009/fratricide.pdf

I looked at this briefly, but it doesn't seem to take into account
that Orion has an escape rocket. Would not that take it well past
the 7900 foot blast radius?

Why would it automagically do so? There's limits on the amount of
thrust that can be applied / 'G' force that the capsule and crew can
withstand.

This study seems to assume that Orion would attempt to parachute
through the solid propellant debris.

The Orion may not have a choice... The problem is that liquid fuels,
which our previous escape systems experience is with, tend to form
compact fireballs - where solid propellant tends to act more like a
shotgun.

D.