....A Quote From Len Cormier...and yet another rant!

Old June 22nd 08, 08:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.sci.planetary
Ian Parker

Default ....A Quote From Len Cormier...and yet another rant!

On 22 Jun, 00:47, Pat Flannery wrote:
Ian Parker wrote:
The figures for total fuel load show a remarkable similarity to
Concorde. I think the deadweight could be sent well below Concorde.
Fares BTW were something like $5,000 for a 2 way flight across the
Atlantic. British Airways towards the end promoted Concorde as a
luxury product and the fares approached $10,000. Here the analogy
ends, this is a cargo plane predominantly.

That sounds like this thing:http://www.reactionengines.co.uk/lapcat.html

BTW M5 = about 1500m/s giving a rocket LEO impulse of 6.5km/s. Going
down all the time.

- Ian Parker
Old June 24th 08, 01:53 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.sci.planetary
jonathan[_3_]

"kT" wrote in message news
jonathan wrote:

Jonathon's on a roll.

Am I wrong? I think that's the way the Bush administration
works. They genuinely feel they have a right to use the various
agencies as giant pay-back machines. And giant favor-machines
for the firms they wish employment with...after leaving office.

Keep your eye on the horizon down there this summer, eh?

I love politics, how could anyone not love it?
It's like saying you hate the air we breathe!

Old June 24th 08, 02:15 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.sci.planetary
kT

jonathan wrote:
"kT" wrote in message news
jonathan wrote:

Jonathon's on a roll.

Am I wrong? I think that's the way the Bush administration
works. They genuinely feel they have a right to use the various
agencies as giant pay-back machines. And giant favor-machines
for the firms they wish employment with...after leaving office.

I don't really judge your stuff right or wrong, I just read it.

Keep your eye on the horizon down there this summer, eh?

I love politics, how could anyone not love it?
It's like saying you hate the air we breathe!

I like sunlight as well. But only in moderation.